YVR to CANADA PLACE SKYTRAIN

I know this may have been asked and answered before, but, I have flagged so many posts to read at a later time, I don't know where to start. lol

What is the best way to get from the airport to the cruise port? 9/20/09 The cheapest would be nice!

What is the best way to get from a hotel (still don't have that room yet) downtown, I hope, to the airport. 9/13/09 Will start bidding again in a few days.

Dates:

Arrival 8/29/09

Departure 9/13/09

This post I'll be sure to print.

Thanks in advance.

I know this may have been asked and answered before, but, I have flagged so many posts to read at a later time, I don't know where to start. lol

What is the best way to get from the airport to the cruise port? 9/20/09 The cheapest would be nice!

What is the best way to get from a hotel (still don't have that room yet) downtown, I hope, to the airport. 9/13/09 Will start bidding again in a few days.

Dates:

Arrival 8/29/09

Departure 9/13/09

I'm a little confused about your dates, you say 9/20/09 in one place and 8/29/09 in another (I highly highly suggest using 2009/09/20 as your date format as every country in the world will understand it, but only the usa use M/D/Y), but I'll see what we can do to answer your question

There are two cruise terminals, NCL/Carnival/HAL/Princess all use Canada Place, which is right downtown. RCCL and Celebrity use Ballantyne pier, about 2 miles further east.

From the airport to downtown (incl Canada Place) or Ballantyne Pier;

• a taxi will cost you approx $35. Caution a lot of taxis are compact cars (prius/corolla are the most popular), so often only suitable for 2 people + luggage
  • a flat rate limo (no need to book ahead) is $39+tax
  • The airporter shuttle is $13.50/ea
  • After Sept 1, there will be a brand new subway system that costs $6.25/ea ($5 on weekends) from the airport to downtown (not appropriate for YVR->Ballantyne)

From downtown (assuming that's where you stay), a taxi from your hotel will be $10 tops.

Notes;

All prices are in Cdn$. taxis, limos, airporter and transit all take credit cards. Taxis and limos and the airport will take US$, but the transit system is C$ only.

Sorry, I told you brain freeze.

I arrive Vancouver for cruise on August 29, cruise ends Sept. 12, hotel Vancouver that night. Leave for Chicago on Sept. 13.

Sorry having a senior moment.

Thanks, now I'll read your post.......................

Marianne

For those that are interested, the local transit authority have a nice sneak peek of the new subway/transit system from YVR to downtown.

http://buzzer.translink.ca/index.php/2009/07/the-buzzer-rides-the-canada-line/

It runs from the YVR to Waterfront Station (next door to Canada Place), and should enter service at the beginning of September.

Thanks! Looks wonderful! Can't wait to ride! Is there going to be something like the London Oyster card?

No, you just buy your ticket at the station. $6.25 for weekdays, $5.00 weekends. Ticket is good for 90 minutes on all buses/seabus/Skytrain (so you could actually be headed someone other than downtown).

As soon as it's open to the public, I'll post a photo montage of all of the stations, focusing on downtown and YVR.

Could you also catch some photos of the signs so we can find our way out of the airport?

Out of intl arrivals, the shortest/fastest way would be exit the building toward the car park (there's a covered walkway) and go up the elevator there. There is an inside walkway, which will work nicely for domestic traffic, but the former method will be much faster.

This map shows why that's the faster method...

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=100934763039761071004.00046d4bf2bef93cbaad3&ll=49.194599,-123.1787&spn=0.004067,0.011362&t=h&z=17

Archived