Where is this Beach in Belize

kurioskitty

My guess is that its out on one of the cayes; all of the best beaches are out on the reef on the cayes. It looks like a bigger beach so I would guess that its Caye Caulker.

Backroads Guide to Belize - Caye Caulker Water Taxi

Any of the beaches out on the cayes are going to look like that. Once you get out there where the reef is all the beaches are spectacular.

You can recognize it by the dock that juts out on the right side of the beach. The cruiseships go there on excursions or there are several places that you find on this website that offers other excursions to this beach independant of the cruiseship offers.

Been to Bannister Island 6 years ago and it sure looks like this. Small Island out in the middle of the water. I must say out of all the places and beaches we have been to on our cruises, Bannister Island was our favorite excursion.

Thanks for posting this! I had read that Caye Caulker was not the best beach and that Bannister was a nicer place.... so I booked a Coral Breeze tour there with snorkeling and a manatee watch. Now I'm really excited about it!:D

We just got off the Legend Sunday and were at Bannister Island a week ago today! It was a beautiful place to relax and hang out. The water is gorgeous. Even though three ships were at "Port" that day there wasn't plenty of room, my kids were even able to snag a couple of the hammocks.

When you are there take a walk on the little wooden dock that they have, there are a few missing boards, if you look down into the water you can see some really cool fish.

I haven't had a chance to download all my pics yet, but when I do I would be happy to post them.

Enjoy!

That beach looks beautiful! Some questions:

Does anyone have info on transportation there? How far is it from the cruise dock?

How are the shower and washroom facilities?

Is food reasonably priced?

Thanks

Because Belize is tendered I decided to book this directly through Carnival (it was the only excursion we did through the ship). I believe it was 42 pp, but well worth it. The tender took us directly to Bannister Island and directly back to the boat (didn't have time to go into Belize City, but that was okay). I have heard that you can go into Belize City and get a water taxi to Bannister Island, but it seemed like the majority of the folks there were on their Ship's Excursion.

The shower is an outside shower and the facilities were decent, they kept them very clean. We did not purchase food, but I did look at the menu and they seemed reasonable for being on vacation (it was like $8 for burger and fries).

It was a very relaxing day, we had no problems getting a beach chair and the kids were able to snag some of the hammocks as well.

I will try to post the pics now...

HPIM1743.jpg.a2174bb5ad460ddda24ff61ba279577f.jpg

hpim1734.jpg.b0c0437a3b48031833114b861882fa17.jpg

Wonder if you had any problem with sand fleas or no see ums? Thanks, would also love to see more pictures
We had no problems at all with sand fleas or no see ums. In fact, I forgot to bring my bug spray that day and was really worried, but nothing.

Just wondering if you could snorkel there at the beach or any where close by? The beach looks like a real nice place the spend the day. And does anyone have any info if they serve alcoholic beverages?
There were folks snorkeling off the beach, but from what I heard the snorkeling was better further out. They did offer a boat that took you out to snorkel (think it was like $20 or somewhere near that) and there were people doing that. Yup, there is a bar so they serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. We took the excursion through Carnival so we were given 4 drink coupons, got rum punch with them.

Here are a few more pics...

HPIM1696.jpg.ef11102e9028234f46b22077040706c4.jpg

HPIM1744.jpg.72acdb3a8dc279ca73cece68314cc97a.jpg

HPIM1693.jpg.150e1df12252ef655492f944afad286d.jpg

hpim1687.jpg.792c6a416e2a2ce470645b9e53c74f8b.jpg

Archived