bringing water/soda on board

lisid

I've seen within other threads that people check a case of water or pack a few 6 packs of soda in their luggage....would love to clear this up...are you sllowed to bring these things??? Called NCL & they said NO, but it seems as if everyone does. ?????:confused:

Thanks

they always tell you "no" when you call and yes, everyone has been doing it for years. if people keep calling, one day they may start enforcing it.

at the docks, you will see a lot of it...but they do check to make sure people aren't smuggling alcohol (the reason they say they don't allow water and sodas).

i carry sodas in my wheeled carry-on, no problems going through x-rays.

just remember, you can buy more at the ports...you don't have to bring a ton of water or sodas at embarking.

also, i found the water...on the ship..to be as good (or better) when most bottle water.

Your mistake was calling and asking. The official policy is no so they COULD take it if they wanted to, They don't Want to. Alcohol on the other hand they DO want to and will seize it if found. This is partly because they want you to buy theirs, but also for liability. the ships bar tenders are not suppose to serve someone who has "had too much" but obviously if you can bring your own and drink it in the cabin they have NO control over how much that is and if you then go overboard or do some other idiotic thing because your are soused the ship has liability problems.

anyway you will have no problem bringing reasonable amounts of soda and water, particular any soda they do not carry on board. but really any soda.

Your mistake was calling and asking. The official policy is no so they COULD take it if they wanted to, They don't Want to. Alcohol on the other hand they DO want to and will seize it if found. This is partly because they want you to buy theirs, but also for liability. the ships bar tenders are not suppose to serve someone who has "had too much" but obviously if you can bring your own and drink it in the cabin they have NO control over how much that is and if you then go overboard or do some other idiotic thing because your are soused the ship has liability problems.

anyway you will have no problem bringing reasonable amounts of soda and water, particular any soda they do not carry on board. but really any soda.

why bring water thty can make fresh water faster then you can drink it

Just sailed this December.........I had a few bottles of water and soda in our carry-ons.....along with some other in our checked bags. No one said a word. Some people had a grocery store bag....where it was quite visible that they were carrying on these items. Again....not a words was said.

We just slapped the luggage stickers on the cases of water and lemonade juice boxes (for the kids) and they showed up at our cabin with all our other luggage. The water came in handy for the shore excursions -- especially seeing that the staff were selling expensive bottles of Evian as you're disembarking at port. Having said that, the tap water on the ship tasted excellent, so I don't think you need to bring water if you're just going to drink it on the ship.

Archived