Keep reading there are no chairs around the pool!!

lisid

When I read these posts, I get really competitive when it comes to getting a lounge chair near the pool. lol. I just want to be in a lounge chair near the pool so bad. That's my favorite part of the cruise.

Although, I do not "save" my lounge chair for any extended period of time. I actually use my chair, with the exception of a dip in the pool and a trip to the buffet to bring my lunch back to my chair.

When I read these posts, I get really competitive when it comes to getting a lounge chair near the pool. lol. I just want to be in a lounge chair near the pool so bad. That's my favorite part of the cruise.

Although, I do not "save" my lounge chair for any extended period of time. I actually use my chair, with the exception of a dip in the pool and a trip to the buffet to bring my lunch back to my chair.

Me too! My only problem is I can't take too much sun so once in a while I have to move to find some shade. Otherwise, once I find a lounger (and I pretty much always do) I stay put.

or just go for poolside bleachers :D

16bleachers583.jpg

It's spring, which means baseball to me, so I'll ask "which stadium?" (maybe I should say which rooftop-but I do see a uniformed officer or two so I'll stick with stadium)

Of course I could be wrong & some brought their glove to the pool ;)

Wait, I've gotta turn on the monitor wipers!

Will I need a glove on each hand for that? I wouldn't want to drop one!

Party Foul!

I dunno who needs the spanking? :rolleyes::D

Didn't I see that one during Quest? :)

regardless of if it is by the pool or upper deck....if I see that a chair has only a towel and no one has been in 30 minutes, I will ask the people sitting next to it if they have seen anyone for a while. If they haven't and the time is up...that chair is mine as far as I am concerned.

I will not move people's personal belongings such as a bag or something to get a chair..I do not want them accusing me of stealing or anything like that.

But a chair with only a towel that isn't being used is fair game in my mind.

That is just rude to hold a chair for HOURS while they go off doing what they do, rude and annoying!

On the Spirit last week, there were no chairs by the main pool on the last day at sea (beautiful weather). At the back of the ship, by the kids pool, there were plenty of chairs available and it was a multitiered area so you didn't have to have kids running in front of you.

I agree with others on this thread. We sat on the sun deck. Much better "view" then around the pool. I would rather look out at the sea then some of the people in the pool. We did not have trouble getting a seat on the sun deck.

I read a lot of people complaining about Chair Hogs on every Cruise Line. It's not the fault of Chair Hogs. Everyone wants a chair by the pool. If you got a chair by the pool you wouldn't want to give it up. Please don't blame the Pool Hogs. They just wanna sit next to the pool.

The blame needs to be placed squarely on the heads of the Cruise Lines. They are at fault. They are the ones who dropped the ball. They need to put more chairs near the dang pool. Figure it out.

Have a second tier.

Make the pool bigger.

Get rid of the Restaurants, put in more pools.

Have thinner lounge chairs.

Suspend some chairs from those big smoke stacks.

Invest in virtual pools.

Make the pool walls clear, then let people sit near the pool on the deck below.

Put a pool in every Stateroom.

Have the big ship pull a little ship with a pool and plenty of deck chairs.

Where there's a will there's a way. The Cruise Lines just are not listening.

I have the ultimate solution... Pool Chair Meters. $5.00 per hour for the first row (nearest the pool). $4/hour for row two, and so on. I don't think you should be able to use your onboard credit for this fee.

I have the ultimate solution... Pool Chair Meters. $5.00 per hour for the first row (nearest the pool). $4/hour for row two, and so on. I don't think you should be able to use your onboard credit for this fee.

Only charge for the first three rows of lounges, and have people make reservations and pay for the reservations an hour in advance for only one hour. No one will be able to hog the lounges for over an hour, and will have to pay and make reservations for that hour.

Only charge for the first three rows of lounges, and have people make reservations and pay for the reservations an hour in advance for only one hour. No one will be able to hog the lounges for over an hour, and will have to pay and make reservations for that hour.

I think that's a tad unreasonable Don.

On the Spirit last week, there were no chairs by the main pool on the last day at sea (beautiful weather). At the back of the ship, by the kids pool, there were plenty of chairs available and it was a multitiered area so you didn't have to have kids running in front of you.

That's what I ended up doing too! I went to the level above the kiddie pool for the exact reason that I didn't feel like listening to the screaming kids! It was nice back there, then my husband ended up snagging us 2 chairs on the level above the main pool so we moved to we could hear the music.

Archived