Any sugar free beverages on board for free?

huntersmommy

Hi, couple of questions here. Are any of the free beverages served on the ship during the day sugar free (aside from water and coffee?) One in our party is diabetic and cannot imagine sipping on sugary lemondae etc all day long. If not, and one chooses to bring along a 12 pk of diet soda, where do you put it while boarding, in your carry on or in your regular luggage? What if 2 people share a carry on, can you have 2- 12 pks of soda in one ( one for each person) or do you need to have 2 carryons? Thanks for any and all answers.

You can easily bring a 12 pack of diet soda on board. You can bring it in your carry on...or even bring it on in a little beach bag sort of bag. You will have to carry it with you until your cabin is ready. We don't go overboard, but we do bring a six pack on bottle water to bring to the ports with us and we never had a problem. You can also bring one bottle of wine per person.

Hi, couple of questions here. Are any of the free beverages served on the ship during the day sugar free (aside from water and coffee?) One in our party is diabetic and cannot imagine sipping on sugary lemondae etc all day long. If not, and one chooses to bring along a 12 pk of diet soda, where do you put it while boarding, in your carry on or in your regular luggage? What if 2 people share a carry on, can you have 2- 12 pks of soda in one ( one for each person) or do you need to have 2 carryons? Thanks for any and all answers.

There is iced tea, although it is not very good on lido, and a little better in the DR. There is splenda, sweet n low, etc.

You should have no problem carrying on 2 -12 packs. Just leave the hard-sided cooler at home. You can pack a soft sided cooler or just keep the soda warm and add ice. Or if you drink a ton of soda, consider a soda card.

My DS is a type 1 diabetic, we always bring Diet Coke on board. I just load a duffle bag up with the 12 oz bottle. I check it with the rest of my luggage never had a problem. He also drinks the ice tea.

I also brought those little packages of crystal light on the go and one small bottle of water so that I could use the bottle over and over. I also brought some of the sugar free kool-aid on the go that you add to the bottle of water. I was glad I did because the tea on the lido deck is not good at all.

I would suggest to them to buy some sugarfee lemonade, ice tea or drink crystals and bring a small ziplick bag to put a few glasses of power in. They just have to get a glass or two of water and use the powder mix.

Crystal Light is good because the packages are premeasured and all one has to do is put the powder in.

I also would tell them to get a stainless steel 1L canteen and they can keep filling it up. Fill it with water, put the powder in, close the lid, and shake shake shake!!!!

I am tempted to do that when I go in April because I detest what Americans call iced tea (In Canada Iced tea is a sweetened powerdered drink) and YUCK to lemonade!!!

Do they not have diet soft drinks on board?

The OP asked about free beverages

I am also diabetic and bring the drinks to go packets. They come in so many flavors and are very easy to cary around. I also bring a nalgene bottle to keep filled with ice water and such!;)

Archived