Massages

Please enlighten me, what is the big deal about getting massages on cruises? Are they that much better than you would get at a spa near your home? Do they cost much more? I hear of some women getting massages, their nails painted, their hair done, when do they enjoy being on the ship, seems like you could get these done at home before your cruise.

Oceanic - dark ages
Carnival Celebration - 1993
Star Princess - 2/03 - Mexican Rivera
Island Princess - 2/04 - Panama Canal

Speaking for myself only, I always like the chance to try out something I wouldn't normally do at home, i.e. body wraps. I get a massage regularly, so that isn't a big thing for me.

I know from others that have cruised with me that it's something a lot of them do not do at home and it's just an extra special treat. Some also do it just because they feel they have to do as many things as offered on the ship as they possibly can squeeze in.

Hair & nails are OFTEN done for formal nights because they want to look extra special.

TTFN, Lisa

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chianti31:
I know from others that have cruised with me that it's something a lot of them do not do at home and it's just an extra special treat. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is exactly my reason. I don't do this at home much - rarely. I am on the ship to relax and if a massage will help that along, so be it [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I do get my pedicure and manicure done at home though. Since I'm not doing dishes, it ought to last the week. If not, I guess I could suck it up and pay the $45 dollars for a manicure mid-cruise, but I think that's highway robbery.

The expensive massages don't bother me as much as that. Plus, you ask them for specials and get massages while in ports you don't care about and you can get discounts.

Navigator of the Seas 5/1/04
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;5;1;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

We get massages at home and they are pretty much the same...but it's vacation and vacation is all about pampering, so we always book ourselves a spa treatment while on our cruises!

Kim
Dawn Princess
Regal Princess
Grand Princess
Mercury - Celebrity
Windward - NCL
Monarch of the Seas - RCCL
Voyager of the Seas - RCCL

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;5;7;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0000[/img]

Archived