Just off the Freedom!

letsgocruz1

Peter, no worries, you will have a great time. Yes we did that itinerary. But this cruise for me wasn't about the ports as much as just taking a cruise and enjoying the ship.

We did a self guided walking tour in Key West, walked for about 3 hrs, took lots of photos. We had planned on going to the beach as well but it was a bit too cool for that. Make sure you go into the Hog's Breath bar and call your friends to have then look online at you waving at the webcam they have there. My Dh thought it was pretty cool when I called him.

In GC, having been there several times, we just shopped by the pier and decided to go back to the ship and enjoy the peace and quiet.

IMO you need to book an excursion in Ocho or stay on the ship. It was just my friend and I and we decided to sleep in and then hang out by the pool (which was a good idea given we stayed up til 4 am and shut the disco down) . If I had my family with me, I would have done more in Ocho.

You will be surprised at how large the ship is compared to the other cruise you took. And the Freedom's food was a lot better than other carnival cruises I've taken. And if there is a hypnotist show, make sure you attend. The R rated one was the funniest!

All in all, it was just a great cruise!!

That sounds like a great boat. As far as excursions go, we do have a plan. For Key West we will do one excurison, I want to go kyaking, then have lunch and walk the island. I lived in Key West and I want to show my family where I lived and what I did there, this was pre-Wife and pre-child, so they have never been there. As far as Grand Cayman, we have been there before and done the excursions, we all agreed to take a taxi and go to the 7 mile beach, then shop and of course go to Jimmy Buffet's store and maybe have lunch there. For Ocho, we have never been, so far the falls tour looks to be the one we want.

The better food, shows and party till 4 AM sounds great on the boat sounds great. It sounds like I will enjoy this large ship.

the DJ who replaced me has now told me that Carnival have placed volume limiters fleetwide in the discos. I understand there are cabins above on deck 6 (destiny & conquest class ships) and Carnival wont spend the money to soundproof but the music in the disco is now really quiet.

Did anyone notice this, as it has been a recent move?

I was on the Freedom 2/14......I did not notice the disco music being quiet. I was in there 2 evenings until closing and I know we had to lean real close ;) to hear eachother say anything while in the vicinity of the dancefloor.

Maybe the difference is noticeable to the DJ but not average attendee???

LOL! About 3 days into our cruise last week DH asked me the same thing! We went on the Glory in 2004 and found the "secret" door, it was fun. But we never did find out if the Freedom has one :rolleyes: Hopefully somebody here knows.........we stayed at the Courtyard pre-cruise, it was nice, reasonable for Ft. Lauderdale and we were on board the ship by noon the day we sailed...........it was good!

I had looked at the Courtyard and noticed that it's on the tri-rail line. Did you notice any noise from that?

I was on the Freedom 2/14......I did not notice the disco music being quiet. I was in there 2 evenings until closing and I know we had to lean real close ;) to hear eachother say anything while in the vicinity of the dancefloor.

Maybe the difference is noticeable to the DJ but not average attendee???

hmm... maybe the limiter was added after your cruise... or...

as DJ's we've lost our hearing, occupational hazard :D

hmm... maybe the limiter was added after your cruise... or...

as DJ's we've lost our hearing, occupational hazard :D

I suppose it could be either!! I'll be on the Liberty in April and keep an ear out....lol....ugh :rolleyes:

Archived