New S&S cards COOL!

newt98

Cruise Director John Heald posted these on his blog today. He said they were using them on the Carnival Valor for the 1st time today. I don't think he mentioned if it was fleetwide yet but I would think it might be.

Yeah I just saw those on his blog as well and am looking forward to getting a physical one in my hand on 5/17!! :p

Am I the only one that doesn't like them? :rolleyes: They all look alike.

Platinum doesn't stand out like before. :(

The super-dooper Platinum folks are gonna be p.o.'d if the little "Milestone Rewards" icon doesn't show up. I don't blame them.

I agree with some here. It will be hard to tell seasoned cruisers from first timers. Some folks are going to be peezed because no one will notice their platinum card in their clear neck wallet thingy....LOL......

Am I the only one that prefers the old cards to the new ones?

On the plus side, John said that the new cards have a thicker magnetic strip in them, meaning that they are harder to demagnetize. He said that they should eliminate the need to get them re-activated at the "information desk" as they now prefer to call it.

Heck, I guess I'll use whatever they issue me to access my cabin, and just be happy with it. . . . but they do look more than a bit cartoonish.

Perhaps the infamous 'Pinata Team' had a marketing package deal that included updating the S&S design for CCL as well.

We just got off the Splendor and was dissapointed becuase they made us turn in our cards.... I always had them in my scrapbook from past cruises:(

I do the same thing....Put them in the scrapbook.

We just got off the Splendor and was dissapointed becuase they made us turn in our cards.... I always had them in my scrapbook from past cruises:(

You had to turn then in!!!!!!! How strange!!!

I don't scrapbook BUT when I was getting ready to leave I pulled out my document portfolio that I always cruise with and there was my S&S from my last cruise laying there in wait! Although not planned I believe I have all my S&S cards in a drawer in my desk....I think at this point I would miss it if I had to turn it in!

They're OK...I don't see the need to have to distinguish between new cruisers, past cruisers and platinum cruisers. :confused: Odd.

And yes, we'll be "losing" a few throughout the course of the week as well if the reports continue to come in that they must be turned in.

Am I the only one that doesn't like them? :rolleyes: They all look alike.

Platinum doesn't stand out like before. :(

No, you're not. Those. are. UGLY. It looks like a kid's toy credit card with that cartoon-ish design on it! :rolleyes:

If we have to start turning them in, then we will lose at least one during the cruise and have to have it replaced.

If I'm going to have to turn in my S&S card, better believe I will be losing mine, too - well, at least my first platinum card, anyway.

Please please please PLEASE don't put these new cards on the Ecstasy by 4/9!! I want at least one of the original platinum cards before they change over to this crap.

Archived