tickets

hi wondering if anyone else is having problems with their tickets, we are flying from Glasgow on the 15th March and have been told that we will probably have to pick the tickets up at the airport!! We have already had trouble with our AI upgrade(long story) and the holiday is now beginning to lose its appeal:mad:

Don't despair, we were told the same in December and the tickets arrived about three days before we sailed.

If not, as long as you take your confirmation letter with you with your booking reference number on you will be fine.

Carol x

hi wondering if anyone else is having problems with their tickets, we are flying from Glasgow on the 15th March and have been told that we will probably have to pick the tickets up at the airport!! We have already had trouble with our AI upgrade(long story) and the holiday is now beginning to lose its appeal:mad:

I only picked mine up yesterday from the travel agents and we are due to leave on Friday. Don't worry, I have cruised with Thomson loads of times and this will be the first time I have had tickets when arriving at the airport. Not sure about Glasgow, but Manchester has a Thomson desk were they have been waiting for us when we arrived at the airport, and we have never had problems. However, I have to admit, the first time we did this we were nervous if case anything went wrong.

There should be ample time to send them to you before you leave, but if not, don't worry and have a good cruise.;)

Hi

We are on the same Cruise (LGW on the 14th) and havent received tickets.

I had a call from First Choice travel agents today, informing me there had been an error at head office and tickets WOULD be issued, allbeit late.

Hope this helps. :)

We travel on the 29/03/09 and i have just been on the thomas cook web site (that how i booked with) and it sas that they have my tickets at their office ready to send out:):):)

rosiemaisy

hi we are going the same time from manchester :)

Burnie

Luck lot

I am going on the 15 on the Destiny and no tickets yet.

Will start to panic if I dont have them by next Monday.

Had booked the lounge at Glasgow airport as I thought Bigmantam had the right idea. I phoned today so that I could change the times, and was told they had no record of my booking.

It was pointed out that they had taken the money from my account so they made a new booking for me. Good job I phoned.

Ron

Hi Ron did you book with TA or internet. As you know I recieved my tickets yesterday but my friends who booked at the same time as myself and OH are as yet ticketless! We have all booked the airport lounge and they really dont want to be caught up in queues for tickets never mind checking in then passport control. The reason I am asking if you booked through a TA is I am wondering if it was the same one as we booked in Gordon St Glasgow. It seems it is there mistake and not Thomson ticketing office for the hold up of friends tickets.

Hi bigmantam

I booked with Thomas Cook by phone, have phoned them and they say they only send out tickets 7 days before flight date so still time.

I have booked the business lounge in Glasgow airport as I thought after reading your mail it was a brill idea.

Relax and take life easy while waiting.

rosiemaisy

hi we are going the same time from manchester :)

Burnie

Glad to here that someone else will be there Ive only heard from one other couple who will be there for our first week Well i hope the weather a bit warmer than here we fly from birmingham myself mary husband neil and sister sally and her partner rob

mary (rosiemaisy)

Tickets arrived today:) However i've noticed that they have us down for the late meal sitting(we had booked for early), does this make any difference to availibility to see the shows etc. Thanks to all that replied does help when you know other people are having the same difficulties. Well must be off only 4 more night shifts then HOLIDAY

You can change your meal sittings on the first night. They usually sit outside the restuarant on the first day for any problems. We had booked early last time but felt we were having to get changed for dinner too early so didn't suit us. Everyone has their own preference.:o

Have been on to my TA today as no tickets yet.

They told me that Thomson have had problems, and no one had tickets yet.

I informed them that a lot of people had tickets for the same flight, and destination as me, I also informed them that the problem only seemed to be with them, but all they would do was say "Get them from thomson at the airport on the day".

They will be in touch with me when they arrange this.

It is one of the largest TA firms arround but oh dear.

I am sure it will be fine but I know its annoying. If you booked last min. they would charge you £20 or £30 late booking fee to pick up your tickets at the airport and were advertising this fact, for this cruise last week, (I priced it online to see if it had come down any.):cool: It makes you angry they can have it both ways and not reimburse you because your tickets are late.

Archived