IOS 4 July 2009 sharing excursions?

suvicki

We will be on this cruise and if we go on shore excursions we will need to book fully accessible ones.

They work out quite expensive.

My hubby is a full time wheelchair user and has to stay in his chair so we need a vehicle with a ramp or lift.

RCCL do accessible one with a adapted vehicle that accomadate 2 wheelchair users and 2 able bodied passengers.

Would anyone be interested is sharing an excursion? Or maybe we could book 2 and pay for one each? Or just split the costs?

Thanks for any repies.

Hi suvicki

Unfortunately we are not on your cruise but I think we had a very similar shuttle vehicle in Caligari when we did the Med on IoS.It all works very well but there can be a bit of a queue waiting outside the ship with it only taking 2 chairs at a time.So get lined up in good time.

Would be interested to know how things go.

Have a great cruise and a lovely anniversary.

Regards Doc07

I wouldn't limit your companions to wheelchair-users (ABs can fit in the van fine, and there money is good too!). You will probably get a bigger response if you put it on your roll-call. sometimes you can make friends on board too, who would like to join you. But it's a good idea to find folks to split it with you. They are expensive. On the upside, it's really a private tour.

Candy

Thanks for the replies.

Thanks for the anniversary wishes Doc .

Thanks for the advise Queenie. I put it on here because i was thinking a wheelchair user and family would like to share costs and all the wheelchair friendly tours are soooo dear.

I will put it on the roll call too though, as you say it is a private tour and anyone could go on it.

Archived