Amadeus Waterways Paris to Barcelona

swanieswan

Hello, I was wondering if anybody has done this trip? I wondered what hotels the tour used in Paris and Barcelona? Also we do not like to have to get dressed up, as we would rather be able to relax and enjoy ourselves and not worry about packing lots of dressy clothes. Would this trip suit us, do you need to have jacket and tie for dinners?

THanks,

Swanie

Hello, I was wondering if anybody has done this trip? I wondered what hotels the tour used in Paris and Barcelona? Also we do not like to have to get dressed up, as we would rather be able to relax and enjoy ourselves and not worry about packing lots of dressy clothes. Would this trip suit us, do you need to have jacket and tie for dinners?

THanks,

Swanie

Swanie - We discussed this itinerary while on our AMA Budapest-Istanbul cruise in October '07. It sounds like a terrific trip. Our AMA cruise last December ended with three days in Paris. AMA had us at the Pullman-Bercy, which while not centrally located, was near a Metro stop. An evening Metro ride to the Eiffel Tower (blue lights & stars while France has the EU presidency) took about 25 minutes.

Dress is casual with sweaters and collared shirts most common at dinner. If you plan to dine at the Captain's table during the Captain's Dinner (we knew before we cruised), then perhaps a tie and jacket.

Do consider adding extra days at the start or end of this wonderful trip.

WIT

Thanks Wit for your information. I am glad that you have good things to say about the cruise line. I am really looking forward to it. This trip seems to be very low key, and a lot like a ride we took on Rovos Rail across South Africa. We are not into the high tech entertainment on the large ships, as we would rather just take it easy and meet different folks and watch the scenery go by.

I will post when I get back from my trip.

Swanie

THanks,

Swanie

No, I have not done this trip. However, to clarify, Amadeus Waterways is now known as AMA Waterways, and has been since July, 2008!

• 1 month later...

Swanie: We have a party of 10 on the trip and all like to dress casual. Will not

be wearing ties to dinner. In Paris, we are staying at the Pullman Tour Eiffel hotel and in Barcelona, we are at the Grand Marina Barcelona. Eight of us are from Knoxville, Tennessee and two are from Houston, Texas. No one has done the trip previously.

Ron

We are going on the Europe's Heartland Cruise with AMA which includes 3 days in Paris - but we are staying at the Crown Plaza Repulique.

On AMA's website both hotels are listed and my TA has said that both are quite good.

We are going on the Europe's Heartland Cruise with AMA which includes 3 days in Paris - but we are staying at the Crown Plaza Repulique.

On AMA's website both hotels are listed and my TA has said that both are quite good.

Hi Nitra,

According to the TA we too will be using the Crown Plaza Republique. I guess it used to be a Holiday Inn, but it is now being converted to a Crown Plaza property. I have been told that in Barcelona we will be at the Melia.

Thanks for the info.

Swanie

Swanie: We have a party of 10 on the trip and all like to dress casual. Will not

be wearing ties to dinner. In Paris, we are staying at the Pullman Tour Eiffel hotel and in Barcelona, we are at the Grand Marina Barcelona. Eight of us are from Knoxville, Tennessee and two are from Houston, Texas. No one has done the trip previously.

Ron

I hope there are more folks like you guys out there on the tours.

We have to get dressed for work every day, and like to just be casual when we travel.

Thanks for the info.

Swanie

• 4 weeks later...

Archived