Please help me get from Orlando to FT Lauderdale

kuhne

Hello, I will be arriving at Disney World in the contemporary ressort on December 2, I will be in Disney for a few days then I need to rent a car and drive to fort lauderdale and drop off the car there and then have a shuttle take me to the port where the cruise is leaving.

Can you tell me what is the best way to do this? I know Alamo rents cars inside disney world, near the magic kingdom I think but Alamo only lists a drop off point in Fort lauderdale airport, I am not sure if it is a smart move to go to the airport and then go from the airport to the ships port, maybe they have a shuttle?

My brother told me that Hertz has a dropoff point near the port and that a shuttle takes you to port everglades, the problem is hertz doesnt seem to have a rental location inside of disney world, so I would have to pay a taxi to take me to a hertz rent a car, which I am not sure is the best way to go.

Unless hertz has some kind of delivery service to my hotel but I dont know anything about that. I am thinking the smartest way to go is to rent from alamo inside disney and then take that car to the airport in fort lauderdale and just take a shuttle from the aiport to the port. I do want to get to the port early though.

Can you tell me the best option I have? Sorry for my broken english, not my first language.

Hello, I will be arriving at Disney World in the contemporary ressort on December 2, I will be in Disney for a few days then I need to rent a car and drive to fort lauderdale and drop off the car there and then have a shuttle take me to the port where the cruise is leaving.

Can you tell me what is the best way to do this? I know Alamo rents cars inside disney world, near the magic kingdom I think but Alamo only lists a drop off point in Fort lauderdale airport, I am not sure if it is a smart move to go to the airport and then go from the airport to the ships port, maybe they have a shuttle?

My brother told me that Hertz has a dropoff point near the port and that a shuttle takes you to port everglades, the problem is hertz doesnt seem to have a rental location inside of disney world, so I would have to pay a taxi to take me to a hertz rent a car, which I am not sure is the best way to go.

Unless hertz has some kind of delivery service to my hotel but I dont know anything about that. I am thinking the smartest way to go is to rent from alamo inside disney and then take that car to the airport in fort lauderdale and just take a shuttle from the aiport to the port. I do want to get to the port early though.

Can you tell me the best option I have? Sorry for my broken english, not my first language.

Not a bad plan. The airport in Ft Lauderdale is only a few minutes from the port.

Thanks that pretty much solved it for me :)

Probably not. Now you will start debating the route to take to Ft Lauderdale. I recommend the Florida Turnpike and others will recommend the Beachline to I-95 to avoid the tolls.

We have the same dilemma coming up in April. When we've departed from or returned to Miami we've rented cars. We had planned to do the same for Ft. Lauderdale in April. Derinitely the turnpike if you're driving. There are tolls on the Beachline and the traffic on I-95 is almost frightening with all the semis avoiding the turnpike because of the tolls.

I am actually going to stay in the four seasons in miami for a few days waiting for my cruise to leave, then I'll drop the car at FT Laudeddale international airport and shuttle to port Everglades. I've never driven in Miami so I was thinking of just punching FT Lauderdale Airport in the gps and follow directions. Hope that works

We love to visit Disney World before a cruise!! The Contemporary is our fav resort, we have been lucky to get the Magic Kingdom View in the tower and it is so nice to watch everything from there.

We always drive down to Ft. Lauderdale or Miami on the turnpike and traffic moves great, there are nice rest stops and the tolls are just not that bad and worth it to have less semi trucks, usually takes us about 3.5 hours to get down there. One time we did see a very bad accident in the northbound lanes and traffic was backed up for miles so make sure you give yourself plenty of time.

Bev

Go ahead and rent from Alamo within Disney, it will be easy. Then take the turnpike down to FLL and drop off at the airport. There is a shuttle from the airport to the port for free. Even if you don't take the shuttle a cab would run you less then 20.00.

Thanks for clearing all of this up, I guess its official, I will rent in Alamo inside of disney and then stay a few days in miami then just punch in "Airport" in the GPS and get to fort lauderdale international airport, return the car and get a shuttle and board my cruise.

Thanks for your help everyone.

One last question, I see there are two places inside of disney world to rent cars, one in the Car care center and one in the dolphin hotel.

Being that I will be staying in the contemporary ressort, what is the easiest way to rent a car? which of those two places is closer? I havent been to disney in ages and I dont remember, I do know the contempo has a monoriel right inside it, would that be a good option? or a shuttle?

Archived