Web site problems

I've been trying to reserve specialty dinners and shore excursions online for a couple of weeks and it's been unbelievably bad. The site just isn't working - sending me to the calendar when I try to choose a category to purchase, telling me I've been kicked off for inactivity immediately after I sign on (not even a second of inactivity), and constantly locking me out of my reservation ("this reservation is currently unavailable, please try again."):confused:

I'm pretty computer savvy, so I'm confident it's not anything I'm doing. A friend is having a problem getting locked out, but not nearly with the frequency I am. I've gotten several things done, partly with the intervention of customer service, but still have more to do. I'm wasting an awful lot of time "trying again.":mad:

After about a week of this, I called RCCL (now have spoken to them three times), and have been told various things from "I have no idea why this is happening" to "It's a system-wide problem and RCCL is working on it." I've e-mailed a couple of times, but have not received anything beyond the automatic confirmation of e-mail receipt.

Anyone else having problems? This is our first RCCL cruise (after Princess & Carnival) and we've heard great things about RCCL so I'm really surprised - This can't be typical, can it? I'm really just venting and wondering if anyone else is having this problem.

Archived