Sail and Sign Cards-Changes to rooms

We are going on the Pride out of Baltimore in June. There are 3 families between us we have 5 rooms. Out of the 5 rooms 2 are going to occupied by our kids. We had to have an adult over 21 in each room. My concern is the sail and sign cards. Will we be able to switch the cards to the right people who are occuping each room or will we need to keep the cards the way they are.

Has anyone had this problem?

We are going on the Pride out of Baltimore in June. There are 3 families between us we have 5 rooms. Out of the 5 rooms 2 are going to occupied by our kids. We had to have an adult over 21 in each room. My concern is the sail and sign cards. Will we be able to switch the cards to the right people who are occuping each room or will we need to keep the cards the way they are.

Has anyone had this problem?

We have done this for the past six cruises. You can either do it at the port at time of check in (some agents will do it for you, others will tell you to do it once you get on board) or you can wait and do it at the purser's desk after embarkation. We have never had a problem doing this, but sometimes it's hard to get them to understand who goes in which room! Also, I have never sailed out of Baltimore.

Sol y Mar

We do this all the time. Once we get onboard we go to the Purser's desk. We get an extra key to each cabin. It's usually my husband and one of the kids who has to switch. My husband keeps his S&S which opens the kids room and then gets a key to my cabin. He carries 2 cards for the week. Also, one of the kids has a S&S which opens my cabin and an extra card which is a key to the kid's cabin.

The Purser is aware that many people do this and has never given us any problems.

When we do this, I prepare in advance by typing out all the changes in a word document and printing it out.....makes it much easier for them to make the changes. also, someone from each cabin has to be present when you make the request. On the Glory last year they reissued cards to those changing cabins , instead of the extra card they had to carry in the past.

Archived