Carnival Jubilee

"Unfortunately that streak ended last September, when she was onboard the Rotterdam crossing the Atlantic - they were caught by Hurricane Karl, lost power and engines, and floundered for several hours in 40-50 foot seas with no power! So the Pacific jokes have ended."

NOW THAT WOULD SCARE ME!!! 21 cruises here and almost everything that has happened has happened in the Caribbean due to hurricanes. The only thing in the Pacific was food poisoning - very bad - on the Mexican Riviera - and it was probably from port food not CCL food so I do try to eat mostly on board now! haha

Did the Jubillee twice - once 10 nights Honolulu to Vancover - awesome trip and a great size ship - I think the smaller ships are so much more fun! And we also did her again on a five night out of Galveston. Great ship and glad she is still around!!! Debbie

i

We were on the very last voyage that the Jubilee took for Carnival out of Jacksonville, Fl. in June of 2004. We booked at the last minute and had to take pot luck on the room. When we came into port the room shook so I thought we were sinking. But, the staff was great and we enjoyed ourselves. When I wrote to Carnival about the noise and shaking I received 15% off my next cruise. Old ships have their place. They are more ecomonical and smaller but can't compare to ships like the Miracle.

I suppose that's why they have 32 flavors at Baskin-Robbins. I have sailed twice on sister ship Holiday, and I love all the noises and sensations that I never experience on a mega-ship. First time I was on Navigator of the Seas, I kept getting the feeling I was in a convention center.

For others who miss the Holiday class, Holiday herself is in Mobile, and Celebration is still going strong in Jacksonville.

Archived