Extra Fees for food on Mariner

I just read a review that RC is charging for room service after midnight. Also if you want steak in the dining room there is an $14.95 charge. No mints on pillow anymore. This review was on the Mariner of The Seas. Does anyone know what eating places on the ship charge money. My Mom is 80 and I am taking her on the 5/3 cruise out of Long Beach she will have a fit if she has to pay for her food on a cruise. She is from the old school when it comes to cruising. Thanks for any info.

Patty

Its 3.95 per order for RS between 12-5 AM...

the 14.95 steak is a CHOPS steak that you can get inthe MDR on many ships...you do not HAVE to order it....

Johnny rockets is 4.95 surcharge.....

there is plenty of free food...trust me, you won't go hungry

Chops & portofino are extra charge..

specialty coffees at cafe promenade are extra (regular coffee, on mariner, is free there...) Ben & jerrys is extra, but there are frozen yogurt machines by WJ that are free....

lots of free food....no worries.

I just read a review that RC is charging for room service after midnight. Also if you want steak in the dining room there is an $14.95 charge. No mints on pillow anymore. This review was on the Mariner of The Seas. Does anyone know what eating places on the ship charge money. My Mom is 80 and I am taking her on the 5/3 cruise out of Long Beach she will have a fit if she has to pay for her food on a cruise. She is from the old school when it comes to cruising. Thanks for any info.

Patty

Was it my review you read? You still have the Windjammer, the Main Dinning Room (except the extra steak from Chops on the menu) and the Cafe Promenade fee free! :D Don't get me wrong the Mariner is GREAT ship and even with some extra fees my cruise was the best Ive ever taken! :D

Archived