Gaming systems in cabins?

Cruisechristi

My husband and I are taking our twin 18 year old sons on the Western Mediterrenean Cruise in late June. My question is will their gaming systems (Xbox, etc.) work with the in-cabin televisions? They have worked on past cruises (Alaska/Princess, Caribbean/Carnival and Norwegian, etc.) They boys want to bring a system if it will work, otherwise they will leave it at home.

And yes, I know they should not need to bring it but enjoy all that Europe has to offer. But boys, will the boys and I want to make sure they have a terrific time and they do enjoy their games.

I want to make sure they have a terrific time and they do enjoy their games.
I don't know if it will work, but won't they be able to get enough gaming in Club HAL without bringing their own? I think I read recently that they have PS3's there.

i'm pretty positive that any gaming system will work so they should be fine. being a big game person myself, i know exactly the feeling of wanting to bring them even though there is so much else to offer on board the ship. i always found down time to play my portable gaming system on this last cruise. the last two HAL ships that i was on did have game consoles in the club HAL area but 18 is a bit old for that so they probably wouldn't enjoy it as much as they would their own systems. have a great trip!:D

I'm not exactly sure, here's why. In order for it to work you have to connect the cables to the TV. The problem of that is the TV is FIXED on the shelf and if I remember correctly there's not much room for you to get connect the cable to the back of the TV, I remembered I tried that several cruises ago (connect my digital camera to the TV so we don't have to look at the small display on the camera) but was not successful at connecting to the back of the TV due to no room to move around.

I'm not exactly sure, here's why. In order for it to work you have to connect the cables to the TV. The problem of that is the TV is FIXED on the shelf and if I remember correctly there's not much room for you to get connect the cable to the back of the TV, I remembered I tried that several cruises ago (connect my digital camera to the TV so we don't have to look at the small display on the camera) but was not successful at connecting to the back of the TV due to no room to move around.
On some ships it's easy to reach the jacks, and on others it's just about impossible. IIRC on the Eurodam it was easy because of the style of TV used and how it was mounted. I don't remember on the Noordam, even though that that was our most recent ship!

I just got off the Oosterdam and I was not able to access the ports on the back of the TV. I was trying to watch some footage from my video camera and there was a cover that restricted access to those ports. My guess is that it all depends on what TV is in the cabin

Archived