Why is it so hard to figure out Belize?

oooohDonna

Man, this is a pain :rolleyes: I finally figured out a excursion we might like to try.

The Altun Ha Mayan Site/River Wallace. Thought it was $69 went to book through Carnival and it is $99.00!

Opinions on this being worth $99?

Any independent operators that do something similar?

I am torn between just snorkeling or getting into the countryside, the jungle, etc. Any opinions?

Thank you for any assistance.

Man, this is a pain :rolleyes: I finally figured out a excursion we might like to try.

The Altun Ha Mayan Site/River Wallace. Thought it was $69 went to book through Carnival and it is $99.00!

Opinions on this being worth $99?

Any independent operators that do something similar?

I am torn between just snorkeling or getting into the countryside, the jungle, etc. Any opinions?

Thank you for any assistance.

If you google "belize cruise excursions" you will find TONS!!! Belize is not really a "go it on your own" kind of place. There is lots of chatter on these boards about safety issues.

I thought Belize was the easiest of all the ports to plan. The snorkeling is world class, and there is the cave tubing. We went with cave tubing this time, and if I am fortunate enough to return, I will definitely plan to snorkel.

Good luck!!!

Try coralbreezestours dot com.

They have many excursions to choose from.

Altun Ha and BelizeCity tour is only $44 pp. I'm looking at the snorkeling, manatees and Bannister Island tour.

Yes I have checked out Coral and they do have many options.

I really wanted to go down that river though :D

Back to the drawing board, which one and how much to spend :confused:

Thanks though!

If you google "belize cruise excursions" you will find TONS!!! Belize is not really a "go it on your own" kind of place. There is lots of chatter on these boards about safety issues.

I thought Belize was the easiest of all the ports to plan. The snorkeling is world class, and there is the cave tubing. We went with cave tubing this time, and if I am fortunate enough to return, I will definitely plan to snorkel.

Good luck!!!

I think that is what makes it harder, the fact that you shouldn't "go it on your own". That and trying to find things that 4-6 people will like and agree on. Personally I want to snorkel and no one seems to be into the cave tubing that much. I have "googled" belize excursions, but it's still hard to decide :eek: Thanks for the input though, appreciate it!

Donna

I've done the Altun Ha and River Wallace tour. I thought the ruins were nice, but the river tour wasn't much. We were in an open V hull boat. It was hot, even in March. I don't think it is worth $99 for the combo tour.

I've done the Altun Ha and River Wallace tour. I thought the ruins were nice, but the river tour wasn't much. We were in an open V hull boat. It was hot, even in March. I don't think it is worth $99 for the combo tour.

Oh really? Shoot, was really for the river tour to be cool! You didn't see any wildlife? Actually if book the 8:15 tour it's $75, so that makes it alittle more enticing.

Going in APril and I'm sure it will be HOT then too! But, that's ok, I'm sick of freezing here in Indy :eek: :D

Archived