Wine-Dining Room-Question?

JES11583

hi there! So,I know we can bring our own Wine on board. If we bring our own cork (or even a bottle that has a screw on top).. can we bring an opened bottle of wine to dinner with us?? We wont need it to be opened.. itll already be opened... thoughts??

thank you in advance! :)

Yes, you can bring your Boone's Farm to the dining room. They may or may not charge you the corkage fee. The fee is not for removing the cork or taking off the cap, it's to recover lost revenue for you not buying a bottle of wine in the dining room.

hi there! So,I know we can bring our own Wine on board. If we bring our own cork (or even a bottle that has a screw on top).. can we bring an opened bottle of wine to dinner with us?? We wont need it to be opened.. itll already be opened... thoughts??

Whether it's open or not, cork or screw cap, you may be charged a corkage fee of $10... About half the time they don't charge you but be prepared in the event they do...

:)

IMO - this borders on Tacky. You can get/bring wine glasses, pour the wine into them, and carry to dining Room (or anywhere else). ken

IMO - this borders on Tacky. You can get/bring wine glasses, pour the wine into them, and carry to dining Room (or anywhere else). ken

I was asking that question as you were responding I guess... thanks!!

We brought in two unopened bottles of wine just last week on two separate occasions. We were charged the corkage fee the first time but not the second time.

thank you! :0 Hopefully theyll only charge it once, if at all :)

We brought in two unopened bottles of wine just last week on two separate occasions. We were charged the corkage fee the first time but not the second time.

If waiter charged me a cork fee, I would go to purser and lower his tip by amount of cork fee! Flame away.!

In October on the Valor we had wine every night and were charged the corkage fee 3 times. The waiter did not get an extra tip (mainly because he was playing his own violin one night :eek: , but the corkage fee closed the deal.

Just off the Victory and were not charged any corkage fees. The waiter got an extra tip!

John

I'm going to get flamed for this I'm sure, but is a $10 corkage fee really that big of a deal to people paying hundreds or thousands of $$ for a cruise?? I mean, geez, I pinch my pennies and can barely afford this cruise, but I'm fine with paying a corkage fee if it means I don't have to pay their markup. Sorry, just my $0.02 on an irritating afternoon. :p

Yes open bottles are OK. No cork fee that way.

Wrong.

As has been said many times in different ways... Corkage fee has nothing to do with the bottle being 'opened or not opened'. The fee is for them allowing you to bring your own bottle into the dining room...period.:)

It may or may not be charged by your waiter.

As to going to the purser's desk and lowering the waiter's tip....what a silly thing to do. The waiter is doing what he is told to do.

If waiter charged me a cork fee, I would go to purser and lower his tip by amount of cork fee! Flame away.!

It is actually the bar waiter/wine steward that charges you the fee. Not your table waiter. He/she may be the one to present the bill to you but it was the other guy that charged you.

So would you still dock the table waiter since you cannot stiff the wine steward?

Is it the principle of the thing, or is it your fanatical frugality?

Dan

It is actually the bar waiter/wine steward that charges you the fee. Not your table waiter. He/she may be the one to present the bill to you but it was the other guy that charged you.

So would you still dock the table waiter since you cannot stiff the wine steward?

Is it the principle of the thing, or is it your fanatical frugality?

Dan

Heck I will just take all the tips off! It was a joke! Lighten up folks, ya'll toooo serious!

Archived