Need info on internet access on Glory...

A.) does GLory have wifi?

B.) does anyone have internet cafe packages and prices?

I'm trying to convince a friend to go on our trip, and her DH must have internet access for his job.

Thanks!

Yep! She has wifi you can use your own laptop or the terminals in the internet café.

There's a one time setup fee of $3.95. Ala carte is $.75/min but plans are available for 100 minutes for $55 or 250 minutes for $100... not cheap.

Watch the Capers... there are always offers that will get you an extra ten or fifteen minutes, usually on embarkation or about half way through the cruise.

Here's a link to the FAQs:

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/On_Board_Internet_Cafes.aspx

A.) does GLory have wifi?

B.) does anyone have internet cafe packages and prices?

I'm trying to convince a friend to go on our trip, and her DH must have internet access for his job.

Thanks!

Yes and it can be a little slow depending on what you are working on. I read a great post that said that he connects, downloads all his emails for work, then answers each one and reconnects and sends them. Depending on what email service he uses that could work out well.

• 2 months later...
If I want to just pop on one of the computers in the cafe it will cost me .75 per minute??? Is that correct???
Don't forget the setup fee.

When I was there about a year ago, it was painfully slow. The internet cafe has 6 PCs I think. Plan on using a minimum of 5 minutes just to login to your webmail and check for new messages.

I think I used up 60 minutes over the week, doing as little surfing as possible.

If you have your own laptop and only use it for POP email, you'd probably be OK.

I can't even imagine trying to do any sort of remote desktop, ssh might be passable.

Archived