Size Really Does Matter!!!

Sushi

Last large ship we cruised on was 74,000gt, I felt that how could they build ships much bigger than this. I've been watching on cruisercritic as the ships got bigger, better, funner? and more expensive (extra charges). Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining, we are looking forward to it all. I've been drooling over the possibility of another cruise and experiencing all it has to offer for the past ten years........to answer to the elephant in the room.....ten years of medical reasons.:rolleyes:

Won't be cruising on the biggest but 92,000gt is a size that I can do.:eek:

Hopefully it won't be our biggest.:D

Yes, size DOES matter.. but for some people (like me) the smaller the ship, the better. I think it's all on what you seek on a cruise. Some people want excitement and party, party.. while others want quiet.

I love a small ship because it "feels" more like cruising. The big ships are nothing but loud, noisy, crowded floating glass boxes. They feel like a crowded city.

I loved the NCL Crown because it was small with lovely decks. It was quiet and relaxing.. you could take your book and find an isolated spot outside to enjoy the lapping of the waves and the gentle sea breezes.

My job is full of sensory overload. For me.. I was to reeeeeelax. I'm not interested in bowling (I could do that in town), or rock climbing, (I can go to my gym for that) or any of the other things available on the mega monster ships.

I've recently discovered the Windstar cruise line which is small, quiet, and wonderful.

Absolutely agree with the positive features of the NCL Crown. I did the South American tour and NYC to Bermuda on her and they were both top notch experiences.

Objectively, it was able to dock in St Georges and Hamilton where larger ships could not.

Archived