jewel teen programs

Im a 15 yr old girl trying to decide between a last minute jewel of the seas christmas cruise or a mariner of the seas christmas cruise. I was just on Mariner in august and would love to go back again only i would like to try a new ship.Mariners teen program was wonderful and the facilities are quite spacious compared to other ships.I have heard that jewels teen area is small compared to voyager class's, for example in the ship layouts jewel only has a fuel disco on mariner they have both a fuel disco and a living room.Another thing is that jewel doesnt have a johnny rockets, at least thats what i have heard

I would love to hear and would appreciate anything anyone knows and would like to share about the teen program on jewel of the seas especially in comparison to the program on voyager class.I would also like to hear anything else there is to know about jewel of the seas from those who have recently been on it.

• 8 months later...

I just found this thread via a search... we are trying to make the identical decision for our teenage son!

Goaliegurl, if you are still out there -- what decision did you make?

Anyone else have any thoughts on either ship -- pros/cons with a teen? (We sailed the Navigator this year, and he loved it... just looking for other options!)

Or, if anyone can recommend another ship -- dare I say, another line :confused: -- please advise...

Thanks!!! :)

Hey texas DH

I ended up picking MAriner again and it was 10times better than the first time...I dont regret it one bit. Im sure jewel or any other RC ship would have been fun too but its nice to be on a ship for once that you actually know where your going because you've been on it before...It was so weird when the people who work on it remebered us it was like seeing family lol. Im sure your son will have fun on any other ship on RC. When it comes to other cruise lines though im sticking to RC, i recently went on a disney cruise and it was the worst experiance ever maybe i jus went at the wrong time or my cruise was an exception to disney standards but the disney teen program does not know how to properly cater to teens.There teen area is nice and all but is nothin compared to the 2 areas dedicated to teens on every voyager class ship. Like ive always said you can tell alot about how a cruise ship caters to teens aboard by seeing how much space they dedicate to teens;on disney there was a loft room that was not even as big as fuel on mariner for teens but children 12 and under had almost an entire floor which is ridiculous but then again it is disney.The only good thing about there program is the music listening stations which we are almost never allowed ot use in aloft and the teen excurisions which hopefully Royal caribbean will catch on to. ANywayz texas DH i hope this helps you and your son plan out your next cruise vacation

Hi, my son who will be 12 on feb 8th wants to know about the pre-teen program for his age. We have been on disney as he had enjoyed it, princess cruises kids program feb 2005 was totally unorganized and there wasnt too much activities. I have looked at rcls website on kids programs and wanted to know others opinions on them. I know there are pros and cons to every cruise as with every thing else in life. Please email at syossetgal@yahoo.com with your comments.

Thanks,

Sue:D

The 12-14 program is pretty good depending on the people running it at the time. Your son will have fun if you let him attend most of the sessions and give him a chance to make friends, if he does you may only see him in port and at dinner times

Well, we ended up booking the Navigator of the Seas, :rolleyes: again this year. I let my son choose, since this was a special trip for him, and he liked the Nav so much he wanted to go back -- thankfully, this year is the alternate itenerary! ;)

One of the things he liked better about RCCL was that the "oldest" group wasn't 13-17 year-olds, but rather 15-17... that seemed to make a big difference to him.

There's always next year, I guess! :) Again, thanks for the replies and all the advice!

Archived