How do you get the tram to Paridise Point

stuNYC

I have been to St Thomas 3X most recently 2002. I have been to the top of the mountain by taxi. Is that different from Paradise Point. If so what is the difference and how do I get to the tram to Paradise Point

Hello,

I think you likely went to Mountain Top - which I consider the top of the mountain and that many taxis go to as part of tours. The view is of Magens Bay, its famous for Banana Daiquiris, has a few shops inside a building.

Paradise Point is also accesiable by driving, but mosts taxis don't head up there since part of the attraction is the tramride which starts at the main road. Its right accross the street from the Havensight docks. Paradise Point has a view of town and ships in Havensight, a bar/restaurant famous for Bushwackers and a few shops. The tram ride costs $16 roundtrip per adult.

Hope that helps.

--Islander

Thanks

You hit the nail on the head. Mountain Top it was. I bought a great cruise watch there for $12. I need to replace the battery for this cruise. Great drinks as well. Having been there would you recommend going to Paradise Point. Is one view better than the other. I remember one time I was in ST that we went to a place where you were able to see the atlantic on one side of the island and the crystal blue Caribbean on the other. Do you know where that would have been. It was really something.

My cruise is also offering a parasailing excursion - supposedly goes up 600 ft -highest in the islands. I have parasailed in Bermuda and recently tandem sky dived from 13,000 ft in upstate NY. When I first parasailed it seemed very adventuresome, especially for a 55 year old desk bound geek. After the sky diving it may seem anticlimatic.

Appreciate your thoughts as well as whether I should make better use of my time and go to Trunk Bay on St John which everyone on the boards appears to be raving about.

Thanks again

Stu

Hello Stu,

The view from Paradise Point is different then the view from Mountain Top. Its not better at one then the other. Ones of a beach and the ocean and the other town and cruise ships - both lovely.

Parasailing is great fun, but definately wouldn't be the same for someone that skydives as opposed to someone that hasn't. :-) It is a neat way to see the water and land for a birdsview.

If you haven't been to St. John I would recommend exploring taking the ferry over and maybe hiking, renting a car and driving around or taking a taxi and sightseeing that way. Lots of other beautiful beaches on St. John in the National Park besides Trunk Bay so you have a number of options if you want to beach hop. Visit the St. John guide at http://www.*****/stjohn

--Islander

Archived