Air Deviaion - - when to ask?

Nuka

I've read here that Oceania will accept request for air deviation up to 270 days prior to sailing. My cruise is in November (I counted 250 days from now) and final payment isn't until August.

Does this mean that I can ask for the air deviation arrangements now even though I haven't paid for the cruise (only given the deposit) so far?

I've read here that Oceania will accept request for air deviation up to 270 days prior to sailing. My cruise is in November (I counted 250 days from now) and final payment isn't until August.

Does this mean that I can ask for the air deviation arrangements now even though I haven't paid for the cruise (only given the deposit) so far?

Yes, you can request a deviation at 270 days out, as long as there is money on the booking and Oceania has their air contracts.

ShariCruz

________

Shari

• 4 weeks later...

The sooner you ask for a deviation after making your deposit the better. Assuming you're travelling economy, know that there are different "classes of service". A limited number of seats are available for each class of service. The cheapest class of seats are sold first. If you defer asking for the deviation, the cheaper class of service seats may be sold out and you'll have to pay a supplement which is the difference in fare between the classes of service. This is why you may pay $100 fare for a seat and the person next to you paid $175. Fare supplement fees also kick in depending on the day of the week you've chosen to travel since some travel days cost more just because of the normal volume on those days. Never having travelled first or business, I don't know if the same applies to that end of the plane.

Archived