How much are alcoholic drinks onboard

We've found about $5.50 for the house brand. If you ask for say Tank er ray gin (sorry, can't spell) that will be more. And don't forget there's a 15% tip added to every drink or soda you buy. If you buy a drink in the souvenir glass you have bought the glass! Take the dirty one to any bar and they will give you a clean one. And you usually can get a refill, even the next day, with the same glass for less $$$. Or, just look around for a glass someone just left on a table or the floor and pick it up. Then you have your souvenir glass and can get refills.

On most lines the average drink is $6.00-6.50. Beer chaper. Wine varies. Call brands more.

$6.00 drink plus .90 tip on the bill is almost $7.00 per drink. Tip is added to all bills no matter where you order them.... at a bar, at the shows, at the pool, in the restaturants etc.

Since they have "Duty Free" alcohol would you not think that their drinks would be less expensive than on shore? Just curious. On our last cruise they were even charging $2 for a very small bottle of water as you were going on your shore excursions. They used to give you water as you left the ship. My how times have changed.

I like to go on shore excursions that have drinks included, like the West Maui snorkel tour.

Since they have "Duty Free" alcohol would you not think that their drinks would be less expensive than on shore? Just curious. On our last cruise they were even charging $2 for a very small bottle of water as you were going on your shore excursions. They used to give you water as you left the ship. My how times have changed.

I like to go on shore excursions that have drinks included, like the West Maui snorkel tour.

I think this all depends on where you are coming from. Currently, I live in Las Vegas so most of the drinks are cheaper for me on board. Here a martini can cost $12-15, so the $8 ones on a ship are somewhat reasonable to me. On the other hand, I am originally from Louisiana and probably never paid more than $6-10 for any drink. So from that perspective the drinks were a bit more expensive than my home base.

I have the Beverage Menus for Princess on our online travel journal if you are interested.

One set is of the one in Lounges, the other set is the one by the pool areas.

Just click on the link below and then go into Karen's cruise corner for the Star Princess...the albums are labeled for your viewing convenience!

http://ourpassportstamps.com/

Archived