Will it change, or will we make it somehow?

bubbles1209

Congratulations.

One thing about Delta is that they seem to frequently change flight times. But when situations like your's arise they are good about fixing them.

You really would think that a company that size would be technologically advanced enough to have a program that would avoid most of the illegal connections.

Charlie

Called the airlines tonight (yes it was Delta), and they changed flights for us no problem, never said a word about charging us for the changes. I told her that they had changed our flight schedule, she looked it up, said they changed us to an "illegal connection" which I knew what they called it thanks to these message boards, and changed us to a flight that departs Atlanta at 9 a.m. That is much better than arriving at 7:44 a.m. and trying to get on an 8 a.m. flight. So, we're good to go!:D

I'm glad you got your flight fixed.

You're lucky as you sure waited some time to call and get this fixed.

We are flying to Atlanta and arriving at 7:45. Our connecting flight to Orlando leaves at 8:00 a.m. How do the airlines expect us to make this? We leave on May 23rd, booked the air on our own, and when we booked, there was over an hour's lay-over. Now they have changed it to only 15 minutes. So, will it change again, or will we make it?

Since the Airline changed your flite times, I believe they will not charge you to adjust the flites to allow a longer layover - I'd call, explain, and ask to change the flites. This was our experience with USAirways. Ken

Since the Airline changed your flite times, I believe they will not charge you to adjust the flites to allow a longer layover - I'd call, explain, and ask to change the flites. This was our experience with USAirways. Ken

Guess you missed my update, but all is well. I called last night and got everything straight with no charge, no problem for our flight and our friend's flights that are traveling with us. I will still keep an eye on them (the flights) daily though, I tend to obsess about stuff like this. For now, we're relaxing and getting ready for the trip.:D

After reading all this, I went to Delta's website to check on our flight times (same cruise as bubbles1209!) and the incoming flights were okay...then I saw that our departing flights had been changed from arriving in Atlanta at 9:07pm and our connecting flight is at 9:21pm! Talk about illegal connection!

Bubbles, what number did you call to get the time changed??

Archived