Weather on 16-night E Med cruises in June?

tom_uk

Here's a question for those of you who have done 16-night cruises from Southampton to the E Med - the ones that go into the Adriatic (mostly going as far as Venice).

How hot is it likely to be on such a cruise in, say, mid-June? I know that in practice June can vary between 'hot' and 'infernal', but I was wondering what people's actual experience has been.

We were there on June 2nd, 3rd and 4th in 2007 for Paul's 50th birthday. We think there was some drizzle the first evening we arrived but the rest of the stay was hot and sunny. I was asked to leave a church as I was wearing a strapless sundress which left my shoulders bare and was inappropriate.

Carol x

Here's a question for those of you who have done 16-night cruises from Southampton to the E Med - the ones that go into the Adriatic (mostly going as far as Venice).

How hot is it likely to be on such a cruise in, say, mid-June? I know that in practice June can vary between 'hot' and 'infernal', but I was wondering what people's actual experience has been.

The first few days and the last two days may be rubbish but the rest of the time it will be fantastic. I will be in the Eastern Med in late May/early June so I hope that the sunshine is out then too!

If you look on the P&O site, under your cruise, there's a bit called "weather" that gives the average hi-lo temp for each port during the month of your cruise.

That sounds like a good trip - hoping to do the east med next year (if there is a next year, financially....).

If you look on the P&O site, under your cruise, there's a bit called "weather" that gives the average hi-lo temp for each port during the month of your cruise.

That sounds like a good trip - hoping to do the east med next year (if there is a next year, financially....).

LOL, I know what you mean when referring to next year, fingers crossed.

Archived