Some Defintions for First-Time Cruisers

kicker

Here's some definitions and explanations to help you understand a little bit more about the ocean. I posted this last year on our Liberty M&M site (yes - I'm old enough to remember Ark Linkletter!):

Art Linkletter Okay, everyone under 30 is probably saying, "who the heck is Art Linkletter?". For you neophytes he used to have a portion of his show devoted to kids and he called it "Kids say the Darnedest Things". I came across this posting of some things kids wrote when asked to describe the sea - hope it gives everyone a laugh or two as we anxiously count down the days & hours...

This is a picture of an octopus. It has eight testicles.

Oyster's balls are called pearls.

If you are surrounded by the sea you are an island. If you don't have sea all around you, you are incontinent.

A dolphin breathes through an a**hole on top of his head.

Sharks are ugly and mean, and have big teeth, just like Emily Richardson. She's not my friend no more.

When ships had sails they used to wait for winds to come. Sometimes when there was no wind sailors would whistle to make the wind come. My brother said they would be better off eating beans.

Archived