New Ideas for Activities on Cruise Ships

cruisinmama0

Lots of great suggestions. I hope NCL sees this thread.

Particularly like the Name That Tune (the cruise director and piano bar entertainer held that triva game in the piano bar on CCL and it was so much fun!), the crew giving talks about their homelands and languages, comedy classes, dueling pianos, wedding vow renewal.

A few of my suggestions would be:

-More trivia - sports trivia, movie trivia (these were fun on CCL).

How about a history introduction to the ports/countries that we will be visiting on our cruise? That would be fun and enlightening at the same time.:)

For instance, did you know that Costa Maya was carved out of the jungle? I didn't.

How about an Amazing Race game in port? Teams would have to solve a clue to determine their destination, then perform a feat to get a clue to their next destination. The feats, of course, would be set up to showcase the port's culture and natural attractions. NCL could send along a photographer or videographer to capture the game. They could charge for the game and generate more revenue with the photos/video.

And for my Mom and sisters, I'll request a high tea.

How about an Amazing Race game in port? Teams would have to solve a clue to determine their destination, then perform a feat to get a clue to their next destination. The feats, of course, would be set up to showcase the port's culture and natural attractions. NCL could send along a photographer or videographer to capture the game. They could charge for the game and generate more revenue with the photos/video.

And for my Mom and sisters, I'll request a high tea.

CCL has this as a tour in Cozumel. Some of the activities mentioned by other posters like photoshop and scrapbooking at offered by CCL and Princess. I hope NCL is reading this! I loved the idea of the steel drum lessons and maybe getting the students to perform on the last sea day if they want to.

CCL had high tea and I also saw some ladies going somewhere all decked out with hats on one afternoon...maybe they were doing the tea. So that brings to mind another thought, a fashion show onboard showcasing things sold in the gift shop.

These are all good and lots of comical as well, but does anyone know what kind of things we really can expect on the NCL Jade...We are cruising on her at the end of March and I have no idea what they offer....or if any will suit me at all.

Someone thought Trivia, but I have no idea at all

Cheryl

I'd like to see some string quartets or other ensembles playing classical music in a nice quiet lounge.

Then book the Gem - the string quartet played every night in one quiet location or another. If it was not quiet when the started it was in a matter of minutes as heads started nodding. :D

Midnight movie showings of Titanic.

That would be fun, or the Rocky Horror Picture Show. I could just see the face of some poor individual that strolled in there not knowing what to expect. :)

CCL has this as a tour in Cozumel. Some of the activities mentioned by other posters like photoshop and scrapbooking at offered by CCL and Princess. I hope NCL is reading this! I loved the idea of the steel drum lessons and maybe getting the students to perform on the last sea day if they want to.

CCL had high tea and I also saw some ladies going somewhere all decked out with hats on one afternoon...maybe they were doing the tea. So that brings to mind another thought, a fashion show onboard showcasing things sold in the gift shop.

Thanks for the info. I didn't know Carnival offered an Amazing Race-type excursion, that's great to know. If it's more like the TV show than a road rally, then that's exactly what I was hoping for.

I do know that some lines offer high tea, but since we are on the NCL board and they do not offer it, I threw it out there.

These are all good and lots of comical as well, but does anyone know what kind of things we really can expect on the NCL Jade...We are cruising on her at the end of March and I have no idea what they offer....or if any will suit me at all.

Someone thought Trivia, but I have no idea at all

Cheryl

Have you read through the reviews in the Member Review section on this website? You might find some mention of activities people have done on the Jade.

She's a beautiful ship.

Happy sailing!

Haven't seen it mentioned, but a magician walking around doing close at hand tricks is a big hit at some parties I've been to. Could go to tables during meals, along the pools and open areas, basically any where.

saddleman

Then book the Gem - the string quartet played every night in one quiet location or another. If it was not quiet when the started it was in a matter of minutes as heads started nodding. :D

Thanks for this infor, time2cruise! I didn't know about the strink quartet, and really look forward to it! I'm assuming their location would be in the daily?

That would be fun, or the Rocky Horror Picture Show. I could just see the face of some poor individual that strolled in there not knowing what to expect. :)

OMG! This is hilarious! RHPS would be AWESOME!

Archived