Custom air fees

I recently chose a different flight to the one offered to me by Royal Caribbean and I have been charged £50.00 per person. As I am a Platinum memeber I thought that the custom air fees were not charged. However after speaking to a RCI rep she said only the deviation fee e.g £20 per person is waived. Can anyone with experience of this help me

I recently chose a different flight to the one offered to me by Royal Caribbean and I have been charged £50.00 per person. As I am a Platinum memeber I thought that the custom air fees were not charged. However after speaking to a RCI rep she said only the deviation fee e.g £20 per person is waived. Can anyone with experience of this help me

Is the rest of the amount due to a difference in price? They will waive the fee - but if the flight you chose costs more, you will have to pay that difference.

There is a flat fee to do custom air plus you must pay any difference in price. For platinum and above C&A members they waive the flat fee, but you still must pay the difference in price.

Thanks guys. I think we may have a better deal than you Americans as we have to pay £ 50 per person regardless how much the price difference is. Although there is no reduction if the price of the custom flights are cheaper. Seems fair enough to me.

Archived