Review of SDII, March 6-15, 2009. Pre-cruise

DisneyJen

Greetings from an overcast San Juan! We are just puttering around our room at the Caribe Hilton until it’s time to leave for the SD Pre-Cruise luncheon at the Old San Juan Sheraton.

We have an uneventful drive from home to the Charlotte airport. Arrived around 9:30 a.m. and met the jbcjtc’ers in the USAir Club where we caught up before boarding our 11:45 a.m. direct flight.

The four of us were seated in first class and toasted our good fortune with a pre-departure Bloody MaryJ The flight pushed back early and we were on our way to SJU. The flight was relatively smooth with a little chop … although most of us (me included) slept thought it.

San Juan welcomed us with gray skies, a cool wind and some rain. We grabbed a taxi to the Caribe Hilton while the jbcjtc’ers headed off to their hotel. We decided the four of us would meet at Morton’s Steakhouse at the Caribe Hilton for dinner at 7:15 p.m.

After checking in at the Hilton we sat on our covered balcony and watched rain storms sweep over the island. I also kept an eye on the ocean which seemed a little agitated than it did when we were here last year.

After freshening up we met the jbcjtc’ers for a wonderful dinner at Morton’s. After a good two hours of wonderful food, great conversation and lots of laughter we bid adieu. We all were excited that tomorrow would mean boarding SD2!

All in all a relatively uneventful and enjoyable travel day.

After a fitful night of sleep, DJ’s DH was up and on the balcony by 6:30 while I slept in until 8:30. DJ’s DH headed out for breakfast and then brought me a bagel.

This morning the skies are clearing and the ocean seems to have settled down a bit.

Time for me to get ready while DJ’s DH heads down to the lobby hotspot to post this first postJ

Two more hours and the CCers will be gathered for lunch …

More importantly … FOUR hours until we return to SD2!

I can hardly wait to see the Princess Parade with Tiara's. I know you will be having such a fabulous time with this great group you have on this cruise. Just take a "little" time to give the rest of us SD JUNKIES a FIX with some great photos! Also looking forward to the vow renewal.

Have a fabulous trip. Wish I was there!

My best friend and I are leaving on SD1 in 2 weeks! Excitment is mounting rapidly! We're hoping you'll continue to send your reviews while at Sea. (Between cocktails of course!) They're so much fun to read and helps our daydreaming.......

Wishing you smooth sailing!

Kaye and Diane

Archived