Wi Fi on ISLAND

UBinfwa

Princess has not provided Wi-Fi in rooms. It is only available in the Atrium and in the computer room. The only "deal" i know of is if you are a Capt's Circle member of Plat/Elite, then there is a refund of the price you pay for a set number of minutes.

UB - I do know from previous threads on the board that various cabins have reported WiFi signals in balcony areas on Caribe and Dolphin - near the Aft and Mid-Ship elevators.

You may want to "Search Threads" for this since some list cabin numbers where people have gotten a signal.

One I found is:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=909380&highlight=wifi+island

Princess has not provided Wi-Fi in rooms. It is only available in the Atrium and in the computer room. The only "deal" i know of is if you are a Capt's Circle member of Plat/Elite, then there is a refund of the price you pay for a set number of minutes.

Princess is in the process of adding wifi access shipwide on all of their ships, so it can be hit or miss whether or not your ship has it. I got wifi in our cabin on the Grand Princess last August and people have reported it being available in cabin on the Ruby. I have also seen some posts that passengers have been able to get wifi in cabin on the Island, but do not know if it is shipwide or only certain decks. I have also been curious since my brother will have his laptop on our Island cruise in June.

Also, most ships will offer a deal of an extra 30 minutes of internet time if you sign up for a package on the first day.

I appreciate everybody's prompt response. We are mid-deck on the Caribe w balcony.

It might be a benefit to get away from all the economic & financial crap happening now.

Thanks all.

UB

we were on the Crown in november 08, we got upgraded to the family suite:) and had service in the room at all times. Also hooked up to a internet phone and were able to make calls fo r less than .05 per minute. Use yahoo as princess blocks out skype!! We are platinum which did not matter, as one of the suite ammenitie you get unlimited internet:):)

Wifi is shipwide on The Island and most Princess ships now.

We were in C704 three weeks ago and had a good signal; but I got much faster speeds using the desktops at the Internet Cafe.

Mike:)

Just back yesterday, wifi ship wide, we were in D710 had full signal also used lap top in covered pool area

Hope this helps

I would say your answer is a definitive answer to the original question. Thanks from all of us with upcoming cruises on the Island Princess.

I am new to this so bear with me. Are you saying I can bring my laptop on the island when we do the panama canal next month and use it in our room?? Do we pay for this???

Thanks

Barbara

The answers to your questions are yes and yes. You can use your laptop onboard, but you do have to pay for the wireless connection onboard. You can either pay by the minute or buy a package. The packages allow for a lower cost per minute than just paying by the minute. I believe it is 0.75/minute if you pay by the minute or $55 for a 100 minute package, $75 for 150 minutes or $100 for 250 minutes. Sometimes in port you can piggyback onto a land based network but that can be luck of the draw.

Archived