Need to lose before I cruise... any buddies??

CarissaH330

Welcome Mrs.C05 I just joined my self. I'm sure you will get your weight that you want.

Just weighted my self today. I think my new plan is working on getting my weight off. But I'll see how it goes over the weekend..:)

Looks like I'm EXTREMELY late to the weight loss party.....may I still join?

My name is Kimberly, I'm 25 and work as a Title Examiner for my in-laws. Pretty scary sometimes, but we're surviving which is good. I've been married 4 years now and hope to have a family sometime next year.

I started my quest losing weight in January 2008 weighing 127lbs and reached my goal weight of 110lb around March-June 2008. I hung around that weight for a while until my husband started losing weight and we worked out together. Since then I've hung around 105-108lbs for the last 7 months. He started losing weight in July 2008 weighing at 242lbs and he now weighs 150lbs. Our goal now is to tone up and keep the weight off.

We're really good about eating healthy foods. Whenever we eat out we generally choose healthy entrees (grilled over fried, veggies/salad instead of fries) but if we have a craving we eat it and then workout extra hard.

Since I like a face with a name here is my hubby and I:

This one was probably at our heaviest, although I'm not positive:

TommyandKiminStAugustine1.jpg

This one is pretty recent at our goal weight:

P3280084.jpg

Welcome, we'd love to have you join our party! We are all at various stages in reaching our goals so we motivate each other the same regarless if we have 1 pound to lose or 100 pounds.

You look great and I'm sure all your efforts and hard work can motivate a few of us around here.

(Thanks for sharing the photos as well, now we have a face to the name.)

Take care,

B

My leg was bothering me some yesterday so I was only able to walk for about a half hour. At least I did my morning work out and the weights so I could check that off my list for the day. The other thing that got checked off was that I didn't (I repeat did not) finish off the spice cake. Whew, thought it would be a face-off with that cake but it was all gone and I didn't have to call up my super powers of self-control to stay away from that super deliciousness.

We are leaving again this afternoon to go camping for the second weekend down in Vista, CA. This is the final weekend of the Antique Gas and Steam Engine tractor show that we attend with my parents. (Think a lot of antique John Deere stuff.) My challenge will be not being able to run again for a couple days but I'll make up for lost time next week.

I see a lot of stairs in my future today since I will be up and down all morning getting stuff together to get out to the trailer. That should work off the bagel that I'm having for breakfast!

Take care everyone.

B

I've been married 4 years now and hope to have a family sometime next year.

Since then I've hung around 105-108lbs for the last 7 months.

How tall are you?

Admittedly, my opinon may be a bit skewed, but I thought you looked great in your "before" picture!

How tall is your husband? 150 lbs. is pretty low for a man...

I'm pretty proud of myself today. We met a friend at a book sale last night, and then decided to go for coffee after. We ended up at a Wendys/Tim Hortons when DH and DF realized it was way past dinner time. They ordered burgers, fries and root beers and I did a good job finding low-carb alternatives! I ordered their new boneless chicken wings (pure breast meat with a very, very light breading) in the Buffalo sauce (no sugar), with a side caesar (I asked for almonds instead of croutons) and a diet coke! Sticks are still pink, so I guess I did it right! And I didn't even steal a fry... :)

Yesterday evening, I went to the store to get myself some new T-shirts. I use to wear large ones and I got myself some medium ones dans04.gif

This evening, I went to get myself some bras.... Drum roll..... I got some a size smaller danse004.gif

OK, 2 of the pair of bras are a little thight, but who cares :p I look good with them app005.giflollol341.gif

Now time for the bad part of my day..... My neck hurtsssssss :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Why can't the pain just leave me alone??????

Ok, time to get some work done on my neck. Hopefully DH will be able to fix it.....

Hello everyone. Sorry I have been MIA for a few days. Yesterday I went to get my marriage license and had some other things to do (haircut, hang out with a friend while fiancee and another friend went and practiced dance for their parade next week, and sleep cause a nasty headache sidelined me)

Today I am headed to Kennywood Park. For those who don't know, it is an amusement park in Pittsburgh, that is a fun place but not as good as Cedar Point or Six Flags. Only 3 more weeks till I say I DO and then a cruise.

And Brenda, I do 160 steps in the morning on my way into work. Some days I do 160 at lunch as well. Anytime I have to leave the building (unless I am carrying test equipment), I walk down the 160 steps. So most days i do 160 up and 160 down, which doesn't include the 100 or so I do when i am at home. But those 160 i have finally been able to do jogging up them. So I am happy with that.

My husband and I went to Italy back in 07, interesting enough while in Venice we notice most people there were skinny. And they did eat a lot of pasta.. But one thing you have to do a lot in Venice is walk. Plus they have a lot of stairs to walk up and down. So walking is a good way to keep weight off.

We as Americans don't enough walking... LOL so if you don't do any other exercise probably at least need to get out and walk..

Well I don't know what my weight will be, but I did try my "red" dress on and was able to move the zipper up more and from what I figure I only have 2 more inches to get in to it. But I did get my monthly visitor :( and I don't take Tylenol or Aspirin anymore I don't take any drugs anymore.. So what helps me get through the one day is a few beers... Much more fun plus my boss lets me do that A.K.A. "Hubby" LOL :D. Yes we do live and "work" together and around each other 24/7 and still want to cruise together. Guess I can't complain...

I missed a couple of days at the gym this past week, just couldn't seem to get motivated for some reason. I weighed today and I've lost another pound and another inch in my waist. I'm now at 142lbs and a 34" waist and put on a pair of jeans today I hadn't been able to wear in months! While I won't reach my goal for the cruise (waited too long) I will reach my goal by Halloween!

Hello Ekermit, nice going and don't give up!!

Yesterday, I wore my new bra... I will have to wait a little while to put it on again; it is a little too thight around my body :(:(

This week will definitly be my last sprint. I will walk several times a day, I will do my stairs and my Ab King Pro. I also have to start doing my old routines again. I had stopped doing them because of my neck and I now suffer from a lack of motivation :mad: Today, DH is suppose to put up a shelf over my treamill so I can have my laptop in front of me and watch some old tv shows while walking the inches off. That will be helpful :)

I am now off to start my shoulder and my knee routines. Speack to you later bye005.gif

today was our last weight in for our biggest loser contest. i won by 1 percent which i figure is 3 pounds. i worked my butt off these last few weeks. the last two weeks ive cut the weight lifting out and done double cardio sessions. the last week i cut as much sodium as i could out of my diet to get rid of the extra water weight. it felt good winning. my best friend lead the contest from the beginning and was getting a little cocky. well heres out final weight in. cruise is next week.

Jon

sw 306 1/4/09

tw 201

cw 220

nikki

sw 250

tw 185

cw 185

Congradulations on winning the biggest losers contest Jon and congradulations to Nikki for reaching her goal. What you did is so great, you two must be so proud. I really hope to see you after your cruise so you can help us stay on target too.

Have a very wonderful cruise you 2 and take care of yourselves :D:D:D:D

Yesterday, I only did two of my routines and I helped DH repair the door on our fence; it took us 3h30. It was a very good exercise :D:D

This morning, my back hurts so much, it is hard to walk :(:( I took some Tylenols and I'll take it easy this morning. I hope the pain will subside. If I feel good enough later I will go on the treadmill.

This morning, the scale is very nice... I am at 158.4 :D That is a good start for the week danse004.gif

Take care everyone!!!

Way to go Jon and Nikki. Great job on winning the Biggest Loser Challenge at work and awesome job for making it to your goal weights for the cruise.

Weigh in time for me.. the scale reads 194.8. that is a 1.2 pound loss. Now to get 4.8 more off and make it to 190.. Shy of my goal weight, but just losing is a great feeling.

Did my 160 stairs this morning already. Plan to go to the gym tonight, do my 30 minutes elliptical, 30 minutes weights, and some crunches and push ups.

20 days till my wedding. So scary how close it is. Seems like yesterday we had a full year.

Unless a miracle happens and I lose 5 or 6 pounds by the 11th, I won't be wearring my little pants for the wedding :(:(. I am 3.4 pounds away from my monthly goal, my back feels better and I will go on the treadmill today. I will also do some routines. I'll see about the stairs and the Ab King Pro, it depends on my back.

DH did not find what he needed to do my shelf yesterday and he could not go anywhere else because of the fence. We wanted to make sure we had enough time to do it. I will go shop around this afternoon and if I find what I am looking for, we will do the shelf tonight :D:D

For now, I am off to eat my breakfast, then I will start my exercises. Maybe, if I work hard enough, I will meet my monthly goal by Friday... I doubt it, but one can always dream :p:p

Hi All!! Another week started... and off to a good start... More on that later.

I am a bit behind here-

Dominique- Congrats on the smaller sizes you were able to purchase!!

Matt- you are getting closer! Are you getting married on the 18th?? That weekend is good luck.. my moms d-day is the 18th, my parents 40th wedding anniversary is the 19th and my sisters 7th ammiversary is the 20th!!

ekermit- congrats on the jeans!! I know it is hard to get motivated but seeing yourself get into those jeans can push you to get into a smaller pair...;)

quadracer12- congrats on your win!!!!

Vickey- hope you had a great time!!!!

On to posting my results for the weekk....

Archived