Need to lose before I cruise... any buddies??

CarissaH330

I have uterin fibroids which is a bening tumor. Here is a link that will explain the problem a lot better than I could http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/uterine-fibroids/DS00078

I'm familiar with fibroids...I'm so happy for you that it wasn't more serious!!

Betcha you'll fit into your pants when it's taken care of, too! And you get to keep your ovaries, right? So no hormone replacements?

I know I barely know you, but I was actually quite terrified about the results of your tests! Thank you for telling us!

Hi all. I'm trying something new so I won't be actually weighing in for a while.

A friend of mine lent me her Gabriel Method information. She hasn't tried it herself yet (she has emotional issues she wants to deal with first) but I found it all quite fascinating. It works in with the research I've been doing about centennarian diets, etc.

It's all based on the premise that our bodies want to be fat for survival...different stimulae for different people. You change your habits over the course of four months and don't weight yourself at all. It starts off the first month with some visualization, self-hypnosis, augmenting your nutrition to make sure you aren't deficient, adding probiotics and digestive enzymes and not dieting at all.

Subsequent months include other behaviour modifications.

I hope I don't gain too much the first month!

Dominique - I had a hysterectomy over 12 years ago due to a huge fibroid that was actually larger than my uterus. I had had problems for about 3 years and was being misdiagnosed. Our insurance co. changed and I had to change doctors. He immediately found the problem, quick hysterectomy, and I have had no further problems. I kept my ovaries. I know that the procedures available now are quicker recovery times often and not so invasive. Good luck to you. Enjoy the rest of France - it will almost be time for Bermuda when you return. I bought my first pair of Bermuda shorts today! 19 days and counting.

Marsha

Vickey - very worried about you. We miss you and you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Thands Milaandra and Marsha. I hope my fibroids are not as big as yours was Marsha since I know that I have several :eek::eek:

I don't feel like doing any exercises anymore since I know now that my belly will not get to be smaller. I have to remind myself that once the doctor will decide to remove the fibroids, I will see a huge difference. The doctor I am seeing wants to put me on medication for now. That is the problem with the Quebec health service, you sometimes have to wait many years before sseing results. If things don't move quickly enough, I will go in the private sector or even in Costa Rica so that I get a proper treatment quickly.

I want to get rid of my belly and when I look at myself, I feel so fat :(:mad::(

I'm dressed and ready to get on the treadmill but thought I'd drop by and say 'hey'.

I'm hanging in there with my eating today... went to lunch with a few friends and guess my choice from the following:

a. Chorizo burrito with fried potatoes

b. Bacon, avocado, cheeseburger

c. Orange French Toast with maple syrup and a side of bacon

d. Cobb Salad w/ ranch dressing and garlic bread

e. Roasted Turkey sandwich on whole grain bread (hold the mayo) with side green salad with basalmic vinegrette

Ok... I really wanted A through D but I ordered E! And I only ate 1/2 of the sandwich and saved the rest for dinner with another salad and a pear.

I'm off to break a sweat!

Take care,

B

Great job!! If it was me I prob would have gone with C. :rolleyes:

Kudos2Fly- you still have time, and you are doing great! I say slow and steady is the best! Its rainy here all the time so its hard to get out to walk too....

Dominique- I am glad that you know what is going on. In the end and will be good! I think that knowing what it is often helps ease things a little. All the best.. Enjoy the rest of your trip!!

Matt- you are getting there!!! SOOO exciting:D

B- yes I really did enjoy the Valor and her itinirary. We wont be going to Honduras but are going to Costa Maya this time!!!

OHH and B- Congratulations!!!!:D

Marsha and Dominique- congrats on the upgrades!! I wish Carnival would do this!!!!

Milaandra- good luck to you on your new plan!!

I am sure I missed something from the last few days, but hope everyone had a great weekend!!! I will check in tomorrow, off to balance my checkbook:eek:

Well my weight is 132.2 not as low as I wanted it to be. My waist is 29 and Stomach is 33. So I'm down a inch there.

I'm starting to take more of our Omaga 3 & 6 fatty aids. Its suppose to help take the craving for carbs and sugar out. I have been taking 1 table spoon a day, but decided to increase it to 2 table spoons a day. I think it is helping. I'm going to see how this week goes. I would like to be down to 130 by next. I didn't make that goal lasted week.... Its my goal this week. :)

Good morning all. Reporting my weigh in today..

195.2. That is a .6 drop from last week. and a .4 up from 2 weeks ago.

I will post a weigh in on Thursday or Friday as the before cruise weight. But I am sure it will be a pound more after dinner Saturday night.

I can't believe that my wedding is here already. only 5 more days. Wow. How the time flew.

Good evening everyone. Hope all is well with y'all.

My weight today: 121.1 (down 1.4 lbs from 2 weeks ago).

We got back from Vegas late last night - I didn't hit the gym while there - too much to do. However, I was able to do my morning strength training exercises and get a lot of walking in.

We had dinner after the wedding at the Eiffel Tower Restaurant in the Paris Hotel. I had the chicken with green beans and some strange potato side. The restaurant had an amazing view and the food was delicious! Yes, I had dessert since it was "wedding cake".

So now that I'm back home I can get back into my routine and hit the treadmill.

Wishing you all a great evening!

Matt: Thanks for thinking of us and dropping by and letting us know how things are going. I realize that as the week progresses you may not have time to say "hey". Just know that we are thinking of you and wishing you well!! :D

B

Hi everyone! Just wanted to post my weight for the week. I am down to 264, another lb this week! I am happy with that! I dont have measurements, it was a nice long 10 hour day at work and I need to put laundry away. Hope everyone had a great week!!!

Just coming in to say hey for the day. Getting stressed about the packing and wedding. Need to focus on everything. Goign to play tennis tonight with my best man so that will be a good hour or so of us messing around.

Hang in there! In another 5 days all the stress of the wedding will be behind you and you will be on your cruise enjoying your honeymoon!! :) Have fun playing tennis and don't hurt yourself. :D

Take care,

B

Good morning! I'm up and ready to do my morning exercises....Even though I've not been consistent with eating healthy I have at least not missed a day of starting my morning off with my strength training and my mini-workout.

Yesterday started good: oatmeal and a banana. Lunch was a meeting with the boss at a Mexican restaurant. I only had 2 tortilla chips w/ salsa and my order was a chicken taco with rice/beans. I could taste the lard in the beans - it was soooo good. But I didn't eat much of the beans. (I did eat most of the rice. :() Dinner was cereal with skim milk and some blackberries. (when no on is home I vote for the least effort with dinner) So continutes my battle with my good friend "food". Most days I do ok but some days it gets the better of me.

Wishing you all a happy and healthy Tuesday!

B

Just coming in to say hey for the day. Getting stressed about the packing and wedding. Need to focus on everything. Goign to play tennis tonight with my best man so that will be a good hour or so of us messing around.

Matt- almost there!! I am not married, but I went through being maid of honor in both my sisters wedding and my brothers, it can be hectic, but try to make the most of it and enjoy. Tennis should help!!

Hello....It's so quiet on this thread tonight....

Hope all is well with everyone.

Matt: 3 more days! :)

Here's my day:

up at 5:50am, exercised, tummy growled, went to work, ate oatmeal, still hungry, ate a banana, morning walk, worked some, lunch (whole wheat pita with chicken and veggies and cottage cheese), some more work, afternoon walk, more work, home, treadmill, ate some grilled tri-tip and steamed broccoli, vegged, wondered where everyone was.... and now good-night! :D

Take care,

B

3 more days and I am still sitting at 195..

But look how far you have come! :D Even if you don't "officially" reach your goal you are far ahead of where you were.

You'll look great regardless.

Have a great Wednesday.

B

Hi everyone

I just got home, I have been in the hospital for the last week and half.

Thanks for the many prayers and for keeping me in your thoughts.

I have a major medical concern with my interstem unit,(controls bladder and kidneys) my body is starting to reject it after almost 6 years and don't want to have surgery till after cruise if possible. I will explain more later. Even though I've been bed ridden I am very tired and just want to crawl into my own bed and cuddle with DH, cats and dog.

I will catch up on the posts hopefully tomorrow, Sorry to have deserted the posting of weigh in on Monday, hope everyone did great.

Matt.....3 more days how great is that. Enjoy yourselves on your cruise.

Sorry to rush off

Vickey, I was really worried and afraid something was wrong. Our prayers are with you and your family. I hope you are improving and of course hope you can wait until after the cruise. You deserve that cruise.

Please do not worry for one second about anything here. Get the rest you need to get stronger. Post when you feel like it but I know from experience that you probably will not feel like it for a while.

Take care and keep your spirits up.

Marsha

Hi everyone

I just got home, I have been in the hospital for the last week and half.

Thanks for the many prayers and for keeping me in your thoughts.

I have a major medical concern with my interstem unit,(controls bladder and kidneys) my body is starting to reject it after almost 6 years and don't want to have surgery till after cruise if possible. I will explain more later. Even though I've been bed ridden I am very tired and just want to crawl into my own bed and cuddle with DH, cats and dog.

I will catch up on the posts hopefully tomorrow, Sorry to have deserted the posting of weigh in on Monday, hope everyone did great.

Matt.....3 more days how great is that. Enjoy yourselves on your cruise.

Sorry to rush off

Vickey: First order - take care of yourself and don't worry about posting the weights. :eek: Second order - Enjoy a lot of cuddling with your cats and DH. (not in that order!)

So sorry you are having medical issues. I hope all is well soon and that you can enjoy your cruise without this interferring.

Signed Bossy me,

B (Seriously though, I am concerned for you and pray that you will be get better quickly!)

Archived