$5.00 For A Red Stripe??

jbroons

Sup Tyde????

I guess I need to try one of those black and tans..........

You two are sickos :p

What kind of beer do I wish they had? Hmmm....my vote would go to "free beer":cool:

Or when you stop there you could buy the red Stripe then tape it to your legs under cargo pants and walk on the ship with them. Some people really did this on our last years cruise that stopped in Ocho Rios.

Is that a bottle of beer taped to your pants? Or are you just happy to see me! :-)

You two are sickos :p

What kind of beer do I wish they had? Hmmm....my vote would go to "free beer":cool:

I have had some of those "free" beers. IMO they are very inconsistent in quality! Some are much better than others depending on where you are, the ambient temp, the beer temp, company surrounding them etc etc.

Jamaica is Detroit with palm trees.

i was really worried when i had an itinerary change scrapping costa maya for ochos rios, but i have to say it ended up being one of our best days on that cruise.

we did an AI on our own at sunset jamaica grande. the cost was ridiculously reasonable, the place was beautiful, and hey, it was open bar.:D

I wonder how much of the non-US beer has been sitting the the ships' holds cruise after cruise and was originally brought on board by a US distributor who had it in a warehouse for a couple of months or more? I would bet that the Red Stripe you drink at a bar in Ochos Rios during the day and the Red Stripe you drink on the Lido deck that evening don't taste anything alike, with the Lido deck being the worst/scuzziest of the two.

I wonder how much of the non-US beer has been sitting the the ships' holds cruise after cruise and was originally brought on board by a US distributor who had it in a warehouse for a couple of months or more? I would bet that the Red Stripe you drink at a bar in Ochos Rios during the day and the Red Stripe you drink on the Lido deck that evening don't taste anything alike, with the Lido deck being the worst/scuzziest of the two.

Hmm...sounds like a "field test" is in order.

Archived