Category SY - Eurodam

lysolqn

Has anyone posted pictures of a Category SY Deluxe Verandah Suite on Eurodam? The SY is 389 sq. feet. including balcony, as opposed to the SB which is 510 sq. feet. including balcony. Trying to decide if a) the extra square footage is in the cabin itself or it's the same size cabin but with larger balcony, and b) if the extra square footage is worth the significantly higher price of the SB. Thanks.

Has anyone posted pictures of a Category SY Deluxe Verandah Suite on Eurodam? The SY is 389 sq. feet. including balcony, as opposed to the SB which is 510 sq. feet. including balcony. Trying to decide if a) the extra square footage is in the cabin itself or it's the same size cabin but with larger balcony, and b) if the extra square footage is worth the significantly higher price of the SB. Thanks.

Mosr space in the room and on the balcony actually.

Plus, the deluxe suites come with multiple added amenities that the superior suites will never see.

Best thing to do is look up the staterooms section of the HAL website and compare for yourself.

Thanks for your response. We're concerned about space in the cabin only. Booking the cabin for our children/grandchildren so there are two adults, one child sleeping on the sofabed and a baby who requires a crib. Since my OP yesterday, my TA has informed me that there is no room for a crib in an SY; would you agree? I realize HAL does not market itself as a "family" cruise line, but does it not offer any "family" cabins, other than suites, on its ships? Thanks.

The cruiseline will provide a playpen type of bedding. I think there will be room if the steward removes the extra chair in the room. The pen can be collapsed when not in use.

Thanks, that was pretty much our thinking but the TA is saying HAL will sell an SY for a maximum of only three pax and will not sell it for four, even if the fourth is a baby in a crib. It appears our only option is to pick a larger suite at a signficantly higher fare or opt for two regular adjoining cabins, in which case the children would pay full fare rather than the reduced fare applicable to third/fourth pax. Unlike other lines which accommodate families by providing suitable cabin options, HAL doesn't appear to be interested in doing the same - and that's fine. For all those who are already lighting the flames, taking the position "If you don't like it, go elsewhere," I'm not criticizing the line; I'm just making an observation.

We were in an SS (6113) which is one of those staterooms on the "curve" of the ship...and there is a nice extra amount of space that would probably accommodate a crib. There were three adults in our stateroom and there was plenty of space. I have pics of the stateroom if you would like to see. Maybe you could ask about this type of stateroom.

Archived