Check your airfare!

5HappyCampers

:D Hello everyone! This is my first post and I felt it was important to share with all of you. We booked our R/T airfair with Southwest back in January and I just checked today and SUPRISE, it had gone down $20.00 each, so for the 5 of us it was a total savings of $100.00. I contacted the airline and they gladly gave me a credit towards a ticket(s) as long as the travel date is within a year of the purchase date. Hey, $100.00 will go towards some of those expensive she excursions or cruise gratuities.

But, boy that credit is MUCH better than what the other airlines do. AA will charge us a $100 change fee to make any changes even when the fare goes down and you aren't changing the itinerary at all....of course, that diminishes any savings.

While I fly Southwest often and love that you can take advantage of sale fares after you are already booked and get the credit for a future flight (which I am always able to use), keep in mind that most major American carriers do not do this. Most will charge you anywhere from $75-100 to rebook your flights, which certainly would not be worth it for a $20 price drop. This is one of the reasons I fly with Southwest whenever possible... that and they don't charge you to check baggage.

My Alaska Airlines flight fee went down $75. They changed times on me so they gave me the 75$ as a credit and did NOT charge me I am assuming due to them changing the flight. My original flight is gone they booked me on a whole new flight.

Cathy

My fare dropped $100.00 per person and there are 5 of us! Though they will only give you a credit, they said I could use the voucher for my tickets or anyone elses. My mom hasn't booked her flights yet so she has offered to use my vouchers for her and my dad and give me the cash. Thanks mom :) Some airlines won't even give you a credit or charge you to to rebook the new flights and the cost eats into your credit. I have been impressed by my contact with Alaska Airlines so far.

Mine has gone up $51 dollars, but I rather expected it to, because after watching flights for over a year, so a little dip in prices and jumped on it, figuring it would go up again, which it has. We really stressed for three days trying to make sure connections for a bunch of people wold all put us in the same place at aproximately the same time, but we did it, and we are happy with the price. Connections were almost more important than price, although having to take a red eye home from ANC didnt make us happy, we have plans for a long day in Anchorage and I am thinking we will be glad we had a little more time in Alaska. Its a long flight home. We can sleep then.

Archived