Please help-delta changed my flights!

cantwait06

Thanks everyone! We thought about driving to JFK-will be get charged since we wouldn't be taking the first flight out there? We'd also get home a lot earlier-on the way home we have a 3 hour layover at JFK-we could be home in that time!

If I put the cruise information in the suitcase, does that help ensure that the luggage gets there? I never thought of that. The good thing is we are traveling with our 2 1/2 year old, and she gets a carryon too, so we can take 3 carry on bags with us, which increases the amount of unchecked luggage-we'll probably just bring one additonal suitcase! I can not wait until this nightmare is over and I am on board, luggage is in my room, and I have a drink in my hand....

Ditto WRP. You must take that first segment or the entire itinerary will be cancelled.

I really have faith that Delta will get you there.

If you are curious about the on time performance of your flights you can track them on flightstats.com. You will get on time percentages and also gate information.

I haven't flown into or out of JFK in far too long to give advice about the Delta terminal.

Good luck and just remember that they may gate check your carry ons if they cannot fit in the very small overhead or under the seat. If you are taking a stroller for the baby it will be gate checked.

Ditto WRP. You must take that first segment or the entire itinerary will be cancelled.

I really have faith that Delta will get you there.

If you are curious about the on time performance of your flights you can track them on flightstats.com. You will get on time percentages and also gate information.

I haven't flown into or out of JFK in far too long to give advice about the Delta terminal.

Good luck and just remember that they may gate check your carry ons if they cannot fit in the very small overhead or under the seat. If you are taking a stroller for the baby it will be gate checked.

Items that are gatechecked for "express" type aircraft because of small overhead bins are usually checked at the door of the plane (or jetway) and returned to passengers there after landing (they don't continue on as checked luggage). Strollers are almost always handled this way (for all aircraft types).

Archived