Internet Cafes close to port?

In view of the high price of computer/internet use on cruise ships, has anyone found any convenient and reputable internet cafes close to where the ships dock, with reasonable pricing? I'm particularly interested in: Monte Carlo, Livorno, Naples, Santorini, Kusadasi, Mykonos, Athens, Kataklon, Corfu. Anything in Venice near St Mark's Square? What about in Rome, near the Termini? I want to be able to email my teens back at home, regularly :)

Any other tips on this subject would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Carol in NZ

In my experience there is usually a place where people make international phone calls and use the internet on or near the cruise terminal or port. Many of the crew use these facilities although the phone calls are fewer with the use of cell phones.

I have used the one just outside the gate of the port in Livorno. I have also used one quite near the pier in Katakalon. Walk out of the port and on the right side is a shop with various things and internet.

Check with the crew members on your ship, they probably know where to go.

Not all internet cafes are inexpensive.

Fran

In view of the high price of computer/internet use on cruise ships, has anyone found any convenient and reputable internet cafes close to where the ships dock, with reasonable pricing? I'm particularly interested in: Monte Carlo, Livorno, Naples, Santorini, Kusadasi, Mykonos, Athens, Kataklon, Corfu. Anything in Venice near St Mark's Square? What about in Rome, near the Termini? I want to be able to email my teens back at home, regularly :)

Any other tips on this subject would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Carol in NZ

Piraeus: Cruise Terminal Building is free of charge WiFi avaialble

Civitavecchia: see here:

http://heinbloed-cruiseguides.blogspot.com/2009/01/civitavecchia-italy-getting-to-vatican.html

Regards,

HeinBloed

Hi , I may be able to help with Santorini and Corfu. The following is from my review. Hope this helps.:)

Try to work out a couple of ports where you have some free time and locate some local internet cafes. For example for us, on Mykonos we used an internet cafe called Stairs ( just to the left of you past the beach as you walk from where the shuttle bus drops you). For a cost of a drink (3 euros for a coke), you can use their internet for 30 minutes. Just ask the locals- they'll point out nearest internet cafes. In Corfu, we used a cafe called Netoikos (?sp) between the Church of Agios Spyridon and the Liston just around the corner from the Alpha Bank. Cost was 1 Euro for 20 mins or 3 euros for an hour.

Thanks everyone for the great information!

Do you think I'll be able to download/upload photos from my camera (maybe using a card reader), on computers in these places - eg - to an online account? Are you able to use pen drives etc?

Carol in NZ

Archived