Royal Nights - what are they ?

D&AM

Have just received pre-voyage documentation re QV Norwegian Wonders. Could someone enlighten me on what 'Royal Nights' are ? For example Masquerade Ball and Victoriana Ball . I wondered if this solely related to the Royal Theatre or does everyone dress up according to the theme. These nights are also indicated as formal nights.

This is our first cruise and I would hate to go unprepared and feel left out !! Any advice would be much appreciate. Thanks, Angela

Have just received pre-voyage documentation re QV Norwegian Wonders. Could someone enlighten me on what 'Royal Nights' are ? For example Masquerade Ball and Victoriana Ball . I wondered if this solely related to the Royal Theatre or does everyone dress up according to the theme. These nights are also indicated as formal nights.

This is our first cruise and I would hate to go unprepared and feel left out !! Any advice would be much appreciate. Thanks, Angela

They are formal nights where some passengers dress up an extra bit, masks for the masquerade and period costume for the Victoriana. The balls are dances which are held after dinner and some will change from their normal formal wear into "costume". Only about 10% of people at the ball wear masks and I have no experience of Victoriana but I can't believe the penetration will be any greater. If you turn up in your formal outfits you won't feel left out I assure you, provided you make some effort. So stop worrying and have fun.

Archived