Dawn bathrooms - same size AF and AE?

madelinerose

Hi....I am questioning if the bathroom sizes are the same in Categories AF and AE?

Also, according to the numerous deck plans I've seen, it looks as though 9232 is larger than 9236. Does anyone know if they are both the same square footage?

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm taking a guess that the square footage is the same. It looks like one is longer but a bit narrower.

From looking at the categories on cruisestateroom.com, the AE will have a larger bathroom since it has a jacuzzi and separate shower. I know the AF's bathroom is sufficient (tub/shower with sliding door, sink area, toilet separated with sliding door.

Thanks, Bigal,

Seems like deck plans vary from site to site. cruisestateroom is always the first one I check. Travelocity has the incorrect sq. ft. for the AE, it shows the same as the AF. I have an AF booked, but would prefer being aft, especially if the balcony is larger. Don't know if an $1800 difference is worth it for 11 nights.

I was, however, unaware of the separate shower and whirlpool tub. I thought it was a combo, like the AF.

Happy Thanksgiving and thanks, again! ;)

I stayed in an AE and it doesn't have a whirlpool tub. It is exactly the same as the AF. I BELIEVE the only difference is the dressing room outside the bathroom area. The AE was really nice and we did like being AFT.

Karen

Thanks, Sammie1:

Wow, the AF has a whirlpool and the AE doesn't? That seems a little odd. OK, so, other than the fully aft location and the butler, why would I want the AF for $1800 less and why should/would I choose the AE? ;)

{QUOTE}

I stayed in an AE and it doesn't have a whirlpool tub.. It is exactly the same as the AF. I BELIEVE the only difference is the dressing room outside the bathroom area. The AE was really nice and we did like being AFT.

Karen

Hi again,

I'm sorry if I led you to believe the AF has a whirlpool tub. It doesn't. The AE bath and the AF bath are exactly the same. Neither have a whirlpool tub. There is a regular tub/shower in both. They are not separate. Once you walk out of the bathroom there is a separate dressing area with dressing table and closet area in the AE.

It all depends what you want. The AE cabin is larger than the AF, the balcony is larger. The cabin has a slightly larger sitting area. The butler was very helpful. You get invited to a special cocktail event. You get some munchies and some chocolates delivered to your room. It is also quiet in the aft of the ship. If it is worth $1800 more to you that is your decision. I liked the pampering and the room was really very nice but I went on the 8 day cruise and didn't have to pay $1800 more than the AF.

The AF is very nice too, although somewhat smaller, and it is more centrally located, which is also a good thing, less walking.We had friends that stayed in an AF and they really liked it. So the decision is yours.

Karen

Thanks again, Karen.

You're right. It certainly is a personal decision. I do all the planning and DH could care less if we're aft. The AE pampering is always good. The cocktail event and munchies are low on our priority list. Priority embarkation, etc., however, would be great.

I suppose I'll just have to quit vacillating and make a decision.

Thanks, everyone, for your help. ;)

Archived