Carnival added Cabins for 5 with two bathrooms

crusinmama06

Very nice but of course with a family of 5, we are always concerned about the cost. If two rooms near each other are cheaper, the cabin for 5 really isn't a great deal. I imagine a new ship will be more expensive than the older ones as well. Good idea though for people with 3 very little ones.

One thing about these cabins..... the living quarters are really NOT that bigger than a normal cabin.

But since the Victory, no other ship will allow 5 in a cabin.... so this is a nice option for the Dream.

I priced out this one..... compared to an OV and an Inside for my boys.... and booking the cabin for 5 came out ahead by $400.00.

Catrin

I think I read the cabin that sleeps 5 is an OV cabin, so it's relatively reasonably priced--not like on some cruise lines where the only cabin that sleeps 5 is a suite and therefore way more expensive.

One thing about these cabins..... the living quarters are really NOT that bigger than a normal cabin.

But since the Victory, no other ship will allow 5 in a cabin.... so this is a nice option for the Dream.

I priced out this one..... compared to an OV and an Inside for my boys.... and booking the cabin for 5 came out ahead by $400.00.

Catrin

We are taking the Dream in one of these cabins this December. It was cheaper for us to get this one room vs. 2 OV cabins by quite a bit of savings. Our kids will be 8,4,2.5 yo at cruise time. Cost will be about $3k total for all 5 of us.

I just found out about the Dream a few days ago (I'm waaaay behind...). I'm wondering - has anyone heard if they will have a non-potty trained pool option for children?

Haven't heard. But I can assure you, if I do, you will see it in big bold headlines. :D:D

Shouldn't you be sleeping again? No more 1am nights. :p

Haven't heard. But I can assure you, if I do, you will see it in big bold headlines. :D:D

I'm sure you'll be one of the first to know - and I expect full disclosure!!! :D

BTW, I was in bed by midnight last night. :p Maybe I should give you my phone number so you can give me a bedtime reminder call??? ;) (I'm a night owl, but it doesn't work so well with school aged kids and a baby...)

If you guys can wait until Dec I will be able to give you my first hand personal review. :)

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/ships/carnival_dream/default.aspx?shipCode=DR

The family rooms that fit 5 its basically only cat 6D. Deluxe OV. Theres a pic on the link above to what the half bath looks like. Theres only 1 toilet but 2 sinks, 1 shower, 1 junior tub.

There will be waterslides and a kids splash zone but not sure how that will be with diapered babes. Camp Carnival looks like it will be huge. There will be an outside movie theater and mini golf.

Archived