B2B cruises and duty free alcohol allowance?

Hi Everyone,

DH and I are about to embark on a B2B cruise on Pacific Dawn. Can anyone advise what happens in regards to our duty free alcohol allowance? We know we have to go through Customs at the completion of the first cruise and declare any purchases etc, however, are we allowed to take our alcohol back onboard? If we are, I'm sure it will be confiscated and returned to us on the last night of the second cruise.

Thank you for any advice.

Cheers

Sarah

Hi Everyone,

DH and I are about to embark on a B2B cruise on Pacific Dawn. Can anyone advise what happens in regards to our duty free alcohol allowance? We know we have to go through Customs at the completion of the first cruise and declare any purchases etc, however, are we allowed to take our alcohol back onboard? If we are, I'm sure it will be confiscated and returned to us on the last night of the second cruise.

Thank you for any advice.

Cheers

Sarah

hi sarah, any duty free alcohol you buy on the first leg will be delivered to your cabin on the last night and you can drink it in your cabin whilst doing your 2nd cruise but i would not tell them you are doing a b2b, then you can buy some more to take home

when you finish the first cruise you dont have to take your bags ashore, if you have to change cabins you tell your cabin steward and he will take your bags to the other cabin and you should get your new sea pass the night before

rkmw

Hi there, when I have done btb, I have received notice from P&O.

We note you are doing btb with us, your duty free alcohol will be delivered to your cabin on the last sea day of you following cruise...

so, mine didn't arrive at the end of cruise one...:confused:

I tried to get some for friends who were travelling with me (I don't drink)

but what they did was...on the last sea day of the first cruise, the ship has a buy and carry yourself sale...they were able to buy some then and take it to their cabin...:D

if you receive it as rkmw says, then you will be very lucky...

kind regards, Lorraine:):)

We did b2b and did what qld cruiser did. We bought some duty free on the last day of our first cruise (and of course we didn't tell them we were b2b cruisers) and then took it back to our cabin. We then packed it in our case as we had to move cabins and we didn't want the staff to see it when they moved our luggage for us.

Worked a treat and hubby was happy to have his scotch and coke on the balcony before dinner;).

Have a great cruise

Archived