Dawn Princess 29/12/09

Ned49

HI Has anyone done the NYE cruise with Dawn or Sun Princess. We are thinking of booking 09 one on Dawn. How was it? How was the sea, was it very rough? Do they have a big NYE party? I have looked but can't find a review for NYE.

Thank's if anyone can help.

Hi Ned 49

We had last NYE on the Dawn, and it was Awesome. The seas we very calm, The first full sea day was a little overcast and raining, but other than that it was really calm. NYE was a great party, the aircon had gone off in the daytime,so everyone was really hot, it was formal night and the captain said we didn't have to dress up if we didn't want too. We had our dinner and got changed and went up on the deck. About one minute after midnight it poured rain, but everyone just danced in the rain anyway....cooled us all off.

NYE is a great cruise. We are going again this year except this time on the pacific jewel.

I am sure you will have a great time

Deidre.

Thanks for that Deidre, glad to here the seas were not to rough as Hubby gets sea sick. Not good on NYE. If he is he will have to have an injection. Sounds like NYE was a very good night. Can you recomend any must do tours.

ned

Hi Ned.

We went to small islands like Champagne Bay, mystery island, Poum,etc. Vila was the main island that had tours. We went to the cascade waterfalls, which were beautiful. We didn't go with a ship tour, just jumped in a taxi and went up on our own. I was glad we did because when the ship tour arrived we were already heading back down and it would have been really crowded up the top of the waterfalls.

Travel calm is good for seasickness I have heard. We are really lucky and don't get seasick, but I still took some tablets just in case, also a lot of people recommend a green apple if you are feeling a bit off colour.

Deidre.

We were on Dawn Princess NYE, no rain at all new years eve, Barnsey, do you mean you were on Pacific Dawn or Dawn Princess?? Fiona :)

Did this cruise go to N Z. If so perhaps you could help with my query....

thanks ned

We are booked on this cruise, as it fits in best time wise for us & we have not been to NZ before. Have no had any hits on the roll call as yet though.

Cheers

Jane

Can you help me with how far is it from the airport to the dock. How much roughly in a taxi do you think. Noticed you are going on Rhapsody soon, we went on in Dec it is a fab ship and we loved it, we have been on her twice.

Thanks ned

Can you help me with how far is it from the airport to the dock. How much roughly in a taxi do you think. Noticed you are going on Rhapsody soon, we went on in Dec it is a fab ship and we loved it, we have been on her twice.

Thanks ned

hi ned, if you are asking about transport from mascot to the ship the shuttle is cheaper, here's the link

http://kst.com.au/airport.php

rkmw

Archived