Chocolate chip cookies (late at night?)

lemonade (all day??)

cranberry juice (all day??)

an iron

scrabble

deck of cards

?????

Thanks

Don't know about the soy milk. Yes to the cookied and soft serve, no lemonade all day, no to the cranberry juice unless you go to a bar and pay for it. Irons are not permitted to be brought on board so don't think you can ask for one. Various board games are available in the library.

I try to be observant and note what is available and what is not, so I can state honestly if I've seen it, and not make assumptions. But soy milk just did not come up in conversation. My daughter likes it and did not use it, so I can't accurately guess if they had it or not. My inaccurate guess would be that she'd have taken it once in a while had they had it.

Have you seen soy milk on some other ships/lines? Was it out in plain view or did you have to ask for it? Thanks

The other parts of your question have been answered. I'll only add that the location for the cookies and soft serve ice cream is aft, deck 10, at Piazza San Marco (the grill I guess you could call it). You can get hamburgers, some of the best French fries you'll ever eat, sausages, the trimmings, pizza, calzones, banana bread, salads about 23 hours a day. If you don't see what you're looking for, ask. Some of the items are made especially for you. But if they say, "15 minutes, you'd best be back there in exactly 15 minutes or your pre-ordered calzone will have been seen by another passenger!

I, too, like the fact that some other lines offer punch or lemonade 24/7 since I am caffeine free for medical reasons. I'd just make a cup of hot flavored tea instead. Lemon, Apple/cinnamon, Orange etc.

And they do have to clean up, so they may not be able to prepare something for you while they are doing that.

The "self serve" aspect of the ice cream is not self serve. If there is no attendant there you cannot get it. It was a single machine, one flavor. It is also not available 24/7, so note in your Freestyle Daily its hours of operation. And like anything else, it will run out and they will have to make a new batch. It's a small ship and there's just not room for multiple flavors.

Fdog, one change. Just got off the Majesty yesterday, and the ice cream machine had two flavors and a swirl spigot in the center. Vanilla and chocolate, and strawberry and chocolate and swirls were available. Instead of a cone, I would get a bowl or plate, put on two slices of pound cake, then cover them with the flavor i desired.

saddleman

Instead of a cone, I would get a bowl or plate, put on two slices of pound cake, then cover them with the flavor i desired.

saddleman

OOOOOOOH...you're so bad.:p

I'm hoping they have the chilled cherry soup again on the buffet because I'm going to put a blop of vanilla in that.:D

How was it, going on Majesty this summer with the family. What deck/size room did you have?? Anything inside secrets you would like to share.:p

Yes, yes...do tell!!!!!

I told my DH about the soft-serve. I then emailed a friend not going to tease her about it. Last time was a girl cruise and she loved the soft-serve.

It has been a few years since the Majesty and I wondered how the freestyle dining might be now. Since we have family members in another cabin location will this make a difference as far as eating arrangements?

Fdog, one change. Just got off the Majesty yesterday, and the ice cream machine had two flavors and a swirl spigot in the center. Vanilla and chocolate, and strawberry and chocolate and swirls were available. Instead of a cone, I would get a bowl or plate, put on two slices of pound cake, then cover them with the flavor i desired.

saddleman

Thanks, Saddleman. What progress!

Freestyle is limited by the number of restaurants on Majesty: one surcharge, Le Bistro, and one free, the Pasta Restaurant, both of which require reservations. So you are left with the buffet, San Marco grill and the two main dining rooms & room service. Therefore, the main dining rooms may be a bit more crowded than on the larger ships with more alternative dining venues available.

Rooms are tiny tiny tiny. Be sure you know the square footage before you pick up a bargain! The 145 sq ft rooms are not bad since they are well laid out. Our problem was not being able to fit a large suitcase under the bed. Also, be sure, if you want one, that your cabin has a fridge. All do not have them.

FYI There is no smoking on the promenade deck (7) since it is also the jogging trail. My original cabin was booked there so I could duck out for a smoke, then I read on cruise critic that I'd not be able to do that, so switched when the upsell call came, to a cat C on deck 9, just one deck below the pool/buffet/grill, where I could smoke outdoors. The cabin was 967 at the very aft of deck 9, by the kids club and a "private balcony" outside our window! Of course it was not really private, but hardly anyone was ever there. There were two tables and 4 chairs out there where you could play cards etc.

Rooms are tiny tiny tiny. Be sure you know the square footage before you pick up a bargain! The 145 sq ft rooms are not bad since they are well laid out. Our problem was not being able to fit a large suitcase under the bed. Also, be sure, if you want one, that your cabin has a fridge. All do not have them.

I just read another thread that addressed the big suitcases fitting under the bed by lifting the bed up a little to get by the frame.

Just in case anyone else might be worried about storing their suitcase.;)

Lisid ~ About the iron. I've read that you can ask your steward or call house keeping and they'll bring you an iron/board to use, but they want it back right away. I'm not sure if Majesty will have this option.

What I do, when I hang my clothes, I spritz them with water from a little mister I bring. That seems to get the wrinkles out of most my stuff. :)

I would bring my own deck of cards. The may be a hot commodity on your cruise.

For those above, who asked about the Majesty, she is holding up very well. Not the Pearl, not the Jewel, not meant to be. I am a solo, so I save $$$ by going inside. My room (4037) was plenty big, 145 feet I believe. Still tight, but I wasn't expecting more. The entertainment was good. Bud Anderson is a good comedian and Amy Abler is great on piano. She plays all styles. There were some good bands by the pools, and several bars had a solo guitarist or piano player.

No theater, no movie room. Lots of eating, and mostly better than expected.

I rarely get off the boat, but the usual excursions are there for the taking.

Biggest, and best, surprise was the 60-65% college spring breakers. Lots of eye candy in bikinis!! Go in with a good attitude, and you will enjoy it.

saddleman

Can anyone tell me if I can find these things on Majesty????:confused:

Soy milk NO

Soft serve ice cream YES

Chocolate chip cookies (late at night?)NO

lemonade (all day??)YES< WATER AND LEMONS to make yourself

cranberry juice (all day??)ONLY IN THE MORNING-FILL UP A FEW GLASSES

an iron NO AND KEEP IN YOUR ROOM

scrabble MAYBE IN GAME ROOM

deck of cards MIGHT BE IN GAME ROOM

?????

Thanks[/quo

NO SOY MILK

YES SOFT SERVE ALL DAY AND EVENING IN BACK OF SHIP

COOKIES; NO

LEMONADE; YES, ALL DAY FILL UP YOUR GLASS WITH WATER AND ADD LEMONS

CRANBERRY JUICE; ONLY AT BREAKFAST, FILL UP GLASSES AND KEEP IN YOUR ROOM

GAMES SHOULD ALL BE IN GAMEROOM

HOPE THIS HELPS

For those above, who asked about the Majesty, she is holding up very well. Not the Pearl, not the Jewel, not meant to be. I am a solo, so I save $$$ by going inside. My room (4037) was plenty big, 145 feet I believe. Still tight, but I wasn't expecting more. The entertainment was good. Bud Anderson is a good comedian and Amy Abler is great on piano. She plays all styles. There were some good bands by the pools, and several bars had a solo guitarist or piano player.

No theater, no movie room. Lots of eating, and mostly better than expected.

I rarely get off the boat, but the usual excursions are there for the taking.

Biggest, and best, surprise was the 60-65% college spring breakers. Lots of eye candy in bikinis!! Go in with a good attitude, and you will enjoy it.

saddleman

Hmmm. I just added another item to my packing list. Mirrored sunglasses. Should prevent injury to my person by my DW if I'm "caught lookin" :rolleyes:

Seriously though, can't wait to sail on the Majesty before she leaves the NCL fleet.

The cookies can be found on deck 10 but they are not always chocolate chip. Sometimes they only have oatmeal raisin.

im not sure where i was looking, but never saw any cookies at all on the cruise i was on.

im not sure where i was looking, but never saw any cookies at all on the cruise i was on.

They were right next to the soft serve ice cream machine, and since our cabin was right below that area, we frequented the San marco grill at all hours (I think my husband lived on their french fries, the ice cream and the cookies). Now late at night they might run out, but there are always some sweet goodies back there. But there are no drinks. Have to go forward to get the coffee or tea or other stuff (outside by the buffet).

Freestyle is limited by the number of restaurants on Majesty: one surcharge, Le Bistro, and one free, the Pasta Restaurant, both of which require reservations. So you are left with the buffet, San Marco grill and the two main dining rooms & room service. Therefore, the main dining rooms may be a bit more crowded than on the larger ships with more alternative dining venues available.

FYI There is no smoking on the promenade deck (7) since it is also the jogging trail. My original cabin was booked there so I could duck out for a smoke, then I read on cruise critic that I'd not be able to do that, so switched when the upsell call came, to a cat C on deck 9, just one deck below the pool/buffet/grill, where I could smoke outdoors. The cabin was 967 at the very aft of deck 9, by the kids club and a "private balcony" outside our window! Of course it was not really private, but hardly anyone was ever there. There were two tables and 4 chairs out there where you could play cards etc.

Wow, I did not know that you could not smoke on deck 7. That is where we are booked in October. Need to look at other options. Thanks.

This is a bit off-topic. I've milked a cow and a goat. I've not milked a soy. Is it a similar procedure?

Unlike milking animals (with two hands) Milking a soy only requires two FINGERS.;)

It says 967 is 5% obstructed view. Can you tell us what the obstruction is? Would you take that cabin again?

It says 967 is 5% obstructed view. Can you tell us what the obstruction is? Would you take that cabin again?

Still trying to get an answer from flashdog. Has anyone else had this cabin on the Majesty before? We went ahead and booked last night.

I think the small obstruction is actually the railing as that is one of the cabins that everyone raves about cause it is like having your own balcony.

Thank you scchasgal! That wouldn't bother me. I liked the idea of the "balcony" too.

Archived