Oxygen help needed!

conalita

My friend needs to travel with the portable oxygen tank, and I apologize if I missed this information on another thread (Hey, I looked!):)

By the time we leave for the cruise on Princess, she may not need it all the time. Her portable tank lasts 2 hours. Can they be refilled on the ship? When I called Princess, the rep told us we need to bring a supply for the duration of the cruise. Holy cow, that would be a whole pallet full!:eek: What do other people do? I will probably call the medical dept. of Princess on monday, but in the mean time....any thoughts or advice????

Thank you,

Connie

You can also rent a portable concentrator for those needing oxygen. That's what we are doing for our mom. It is FreeStyle portable concentrator and is very small and lightweight (I believe about 5 lbs). It is worn over the shoulder in its own case. I believe the battery lasts 2 -3 hours and you can also get a back up battery to be worn around the waist if needed. While in the cabin, it can be plugged in to an outlet and only run off battery, saving the battery for use when mobile. I think it's a great option.

Plus, we were told that is what mom would need for on the plane. Agents said she could not take an oxygen tank on board.

Hope this helps,

Terry

• 2 weeks later...

I used an Inogen One oxygen concentrator on our recent trip to cruise Australia/New Zealand. With prior approval from the airlines I was able to use aircraft power for it on the long haul flights. Oxygen tanks are not allowed to be used in flight unless they are provided by the airline (for a fee).

I,m going on a cruise in may I use a high flow of oxygen so cant use the portable oxygen concentrators i use portbale canistors i need to fill about very 4 hours I have 3 I am taking It is called liquid oxygen and the canstors arent as haevy as standard gas canistors and last alot longer in my cabin I will have a concentrator a high flow one it is pretty big. I am from the U.K and only 1 man does oxygen likr this fro cruises it cost a hell of alot more than the cruise itself nearly. It a pain because most portbale concentrators go upto 5 LPM im on 6 on good day or 8. I cant wait to go though hehe!!!

Archived