Policy for price change

ppwlee

Hello,

First time cruiser here, just about to book for Sept Pacific coast but curious to know what happen if the price drops afterwards between now and then? Is it common to still get credit/refund back, does it depend on the agency or what if I book with the cruise line directly? Thanks in advance.

If you book through a TA, you will just simply have to ask that TA what their policy is. As far as NCL, you can not get a price adjustment after "final payment" date which is usually 75 days before the cruise date. I am fairly sure TA's will not give price adjustments during that time frame as well.

Same for TA's Terry..

OP ~ Keep an eye on the prices of your cruise. Call whomever you booked with if there's been a drop and they'll give you the adjusted price. Also, keep an eye on NCL's promotions. If it doesn't state "for new bookings only," then you may qualify.

Same for TA's Terry..

OP ~ Keep an eye on the prices of your cruise. Call whomever you booked with if there's been a drop and they'll give you the adjusted price. Also, keep an eye on NCL's promotions. If it doesn't state "for new bookings only," then you may qualify.

I thought it probably was, but since we don't use TA's.... I wasn't for sure.. and I didn't know if like you could "bid" on a cruise on online TA's like priceline where if you bid on it and won you would be locked into it, etc.

If you book through a TA, you will just simply have to ask that TA what their policy is. As far as NCL, you can not get a price adjustment after "final payment" date which is usually 75 days before the cruise date. I am fairly sure TA's will not give price adjustments during that time frame as well.

I'm considering between 2 very similar itineraries on NCL & RCCL. Costs are similar & same length. Cost is slightly higher on RCCL as there is one more port day.

On two Jan. '09 RCCL cruises (B2B) I rec'd. several very substantial discounts well after final payment. And $200 back for an upcoming PIF May '09 RCCL cruise just this week. All funds were creditted back to my checking account.

My friend and I each travel Solo, separate balcony cabins. Any cost savings is a huge deal to us. She has sailed NCL before and likes it very much and I would like to try it.

If what you say is true. That might be the deal breaker.

Martha

I thought it probably was, but since we don't use TA's.... I wasn't for sure.. and I didn't know if like you could "bid" on a cruise on online TA's like priceline where if you bid on it and won you would be locked into it, etc.

Good question. I don't really use an online website. My TA is part of a company with a website, but I deal with her over the phone and/or email.

I'm considering between 2 very similar itineraries on NCL & RCCL. Costs are similar & same length. Cost is slightly higher on RCCL as there is one more port day.

On two Jan. '09 RCCL cruises (B2B) I rec'd. several very substantial discounts well after final payment. And $200 back for an upcoming PIF May '09 RCCL cruise just this week. All funds were creditted back to my checking account.

My friend and I each travel Solo, separate balcony cabins. Any cost savings is a huge deal to us. She has sailed NCL before and likes it very much and I would like to try it.

Martha

Martha.. It is true. NCL will not adjust a price if it's within the final payment period which is 75 days prior sailing. NCL may give some onboard credit within that period, but that's not a guarantee.

Martha

I just checked out some postings about this on the RCCL board and there's conflicting info there. Some say they have gotten credit back after final payment, some say they have not. All agree that if it before final payment, credit will be given. That seems to be the norm on all cruiselines.

I also found this on a cruise website:

If the cruise line lowers the cost of your cruise, rate adjustments may be available until your final payment due date. This policy varies by cruise line, with Norwegian & Holland America Cruise Lines having a variety of rules and exclusions regarding this issue. However, rate adjustments are not available after your final payment or final payment due date, whichever comes first (except Royal Caribbean or Celebrity Cruises, in which rate adjustments may be possible).

One thing that is stated above, is not correct. It says that rate adjustments are not available "after your final payment". That's not true on NCL. Even if you have made your final payment (made it early), if the final payment due date has not passed, you can still get a reduction in the form of a credit back to your credit card if prices fall.

I know that Carnival used to give price adjustments after final payment too, but they ceased doing that as of Jan 1st. So, it looks like it's a toss up if RCCL will do it or not..it's not a guarantee. However, it is a fact that on NCL, once final payment date is passed, you will get nothing credited back if prices drop.

CG

This happened to us, the price dropped twice on the same cruise.

The first drop we were able to ge the price adjusted, the second drop we were able to get an upgrade, from inside to Balcony... quite nice.:)

hope you have a great cruise

happy0ne

Archived