Walmart at port of Miami.. how far?

Hello... I was just wondering how far away Walmart is from the port of Miami? We are flying in and taking a shuttle to the port (I don't think we can stop to Walmart on the way).. but when I get to the port.. I was thinking of taking a cab to the Walmart (if close enough) to buy some bottled waters??? Does this sound like a good/bad idea? Thanks for your input.

Hello... I was just wondering how far away Walmart is from the port of Miami? We are flying in and taking a shuttle to the port (I don't think we can stop to Walmart on the way).. but when I get to the port.. I was thinking of taking a cab to the Walmart (if close enough) to buy some bottled waters??? Does this sound like a good/bad idea? Thanks for your input.

I dont recall seeing anything even close to a Wal-Mart anywhere near the port. Someone who has been there more often than I have probably knows better, but the port is pretty much isolated from any shops or anything.

If you just want some bottled water, there is a Walgreens or CVS downtown. Check the websites and do a store locator. You can always buy a few bottles at the airport.

Why, the cost of a taxi would negate any savings.

Get some at airport I guess.

Why, the cost of a taxi would negate any savings.

Get some at airport I guess.

Good point. $30 cab ride to get a $4 12-pack of water :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, there's nothing within walking distance of the cruise terminal. It's located in Dodge Island, which is connected to downtown by a bridge. The closest "walkable" area from the port is Bayside Marketplace (an open air mall with shops and restaurants). This are is safe, however, I wouldn't wander around past Bayside. Downtown is being revitalized but it's not the safest part of town.

Thanks for all the replies... That's why I asked bc I didn't know how close it was and if it was worth going. I basically only drink water and I just wanted to be prepared. Now after reading all of this, since there is not one close by, I'll just buy a few out of the airport like suggested and drink whatever they have on board. Thanks again everyone.

I never had any problem with the tap water on the ship. I guess I am old fashioned and can't understand buying something that is free everywhere. I can't tell the difference and would rather save my $ for DOD!!

Archived