Aft cabin for Alaska?

Roundtop

Aft cabins of any kind are fantastic in Alaska. While the ship is moving and others are shivering from the wind chill, you can often enjoy the aft balcony in short sleeves.....and the view is awesome. It is well worth the extra money. I have an aft balcony booked on the Pacific Princess for Alaska this summer and would not accept a minisuite upgrade. I saw a lot of whales from my aft balcony the last time I had one in Alaska.

I had an aft cabin on the Regent line to Alaska. It was absolutely fabulous as going through the inside passage there is scenery on both sides of the ship and you can see it all! Plus we had some sunny days we could sit out there in very light clothing. I'm so hooked on the aft cabins that I've now booked a Princess Vista Suite for the Caribbean next winter. Well worth the money for the Alaskan cruise.

:DWe had an aft cabin last August for Alaska. We spent one afternoon watching over 50 full breachings from our balcony, during a 2 hour time period. It seemed like the whales were playing in the wake. They were directly behind the ship. Alot of the other passengers were totally unaware of what was going on and missed it. As mentioned above it is definitely warmer and while others up on the top deck were wearing coats, we were in t-shirts.

I don't think I would want to cruise Alaska again without and aft balcony!

My one and only cruise to date, last summer for my 50th b'day Alaska cruise I splurged on the VS aft suite on the Golden--it was amazing. If it works into your bottom line, I would recommend it. The VS suite is a fantastic cabin--the views, the privacy, the size of the balcony, not to mention all of those wonderful suite amentities. There were times that I sat on the balcony in my short sleeve tee shirt while every where else on the ship was chilly. I ended up spending alot of time in the suite as it was so relaxing. It was my personal sanctuary

Back to reality, this summer's cruise is a mid-ship balcony room, no aft suite:( Still a cruise is a cruise and it is always better than 2 weeks at work

Archived