Jewel of the Seas ARE WE REALLY THE ONLY ONES?

liverpool lass

There was another thread recently where someone couldn't believe no one had responded to their roll call. I'll tell you the same thing I said on the other one:

Have posted roll calls for six cruise in the last five years, and have gotten a grand total of one response! So not at all unusual.

Don't despair. Not everyone is aware of this site. Just got back from a Caribbean cruise on Solstice. Not even a roll call thread. Yet it was the gayest non-gay cruise I've been on. Had to be about 20-30 male couples and maybe about 10 women.

Besides, I was on Jewel a couple of years ago and as I recall they had a FOD every night.

Harry I noticed you were in 6300 I am going to be closer to the end of the ship in 6302. You mentioned your balcony was larger does this mean that 6302 is larger still? I think that it will be okay with the limited obstruction also. It does look like it on the deck plan. Thanks for your help.

Hi Harry

Thanks for the reply. It's taken me a while to found out what FOD stands for being a UK resident I'd never heard of it! but as the saying goes you learn something everyday. This will be our first cruise and stumbled across this site by accident so thought I'd try it out. Hopefully as you say there will be others on board. From all the threads I have read so far it seems like my partner (Anne) and I should have the holiday of a life time and we are really looking forward to meeting new friends.

Thanks for help

Vicci

And in that other thread, my estimate was that fewer than 10% of people on a cruise know about CC. If there's 100 CC'ers on a ship that holds 1800, that is a VERY big group. Just because there are no gay people on your Roll Call doesn't mean there won't be any on the ship.

Harry I noticed you were in 6300 I am going to be closer to the end of the ship in 6302. You mentioned your balcony was larger does this mean that 6302 is larger still? I think that it will be okay with the limited obstruction also. It does look like it on the deck plan. Thanks for your help.

According to the plan on orbitz, it does look a little bigger in that ours supposedly angled on the side opposite 6302. But frankly, I don't remember that--I remember the balconies on both sides of ours being the same. Maybe I'm wrong.

http://cruises.orbitz.com/c/deckplan.asp?vessel=579&lineid=11&itineraryid=857082&startdate=03/01/2009&enddate=03/31/2009&dsc=y&deckcode=CON

Lass, several of us commented (and I think I recall a discussion on a different thread) that it might be time to change that Friends of Dorothy to something like GLBT gathering or something more obvious. Maybe even a little rainbow flag on the daily itinerary. We spotted several couples that were obviously from non-English countries that probably didn't know what that meant.

Archived